CQ-DATV 68 out now
What have we got for you in this issue:-
• Jim Andrews, KH6HTV reports from the Hawaiian Island of Maui, where there is no fast scan ATV activity from anyone other than himself, having set up his kit and driven around the island to verify it’s all working, but there is some SSTV and it’s not too far away.
• Mike Stevens G7GTN is using an Ardunio Pro Micro module to create a quick but functional MIDI controller for VMIX switching.
• Daniel Estévez EA4GPZ is looking at different hardware setups to receive the Amateur radio transponders on Es’hail 2.
• Ken W6HCC and Art WA8RMC report on sales of Mini Tiouner Express.
• Art Towslee, WA8RMC reports on his 70 cms ATV repeater antenna installation, 630 feet above ground.
• Again Jim Andrews, KH6HTV, and this time with Don Nelson, N0YE reporting from the machine shop where they are building an inter-digital, band-pass filter for 70cm.
• Trevor G8CJS is looking at a surplus vision mixer panel, these often appear on eBay for less than £50 and exploring if it could be converted to work with Vmix.
• Dan Rapak, WA3ATV calls our attention to the FCC authorising a new standard for over the air digital broadcast television. It’s referred to as ATSC 3.0 and has many advantages over the current ATSC transmission standard and is capable of transmitting 4K video in a 6 MHz channel.
• Bryan Dygert KC8LMI describes the progress in the Jackson ATV repeater testing.
TVA 191 is out Klaus DL4KCK, has provided some translations which include:-
• 8k video from the ISS
• A look back at the AMSAT-DL symposium in Bochum 2018 which was dominated by Es,hail 2
• How to eliminate video squelch functions
As we always say, sit back and enjoy CQ-DATV 68 the download is at https://www.cq-datv.mobi/68.php and the full library of all our back issues is at https://www.cq-datv.mobi/ebooks.php