Possible to internet link ATV repeaters?

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV repeater builders
K3RW

Possible to internet link ATV repeaters?

Post by K3RW » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:29 am

I'm in the 'states here, and I was curious if it is possible to internet link two ATV repeaters.

In Echolink and IRLP, if I read it right, about the only thing I can do is link the audio.

Is there a method to link both the audio and the video to another repeater? Maybe not in Echolink/IRLP, but perhaps another method?

Geography here is challenging around the Portland, Oregon, metro area. I can hit the repeater but a lot of people cannot, but many can hit me. The club has talked about putting a sub-repeater here or possibly relocating the existing repeater, but just about no matter where it could be placed it will knock some people off.

It would be fantastic to link to a repeater outside our metro area. Even if the bitrate on video was way down to do it, it would still be a fun project. But not sure how that could be done.

Ideas?

wb6kwt

Re: Possible to internet link ATV repeaters?

Post by wb6kwt » Wed May 31, 2017 6:36 pm

Hi Gregory,

I just saw your post, the W6CX ATV group is working on a plan to link with the southern California ATN group. I don't know much about how to do it but I know they are testing at this time. I believe they are going to be using 2 Grandstream boxes, one for receive and one for transmit. You might want to log into the Thursday night W6CX net. You can watch the net at www.w6cxatv.net/live it starts about 8pm. You can post your question there and Jim, K6SOE, should be monitoring the stream and can answer your questions.

Bob - WB6KWT

Return to “ATV Repeater Technical Topics”