Internet connected only repeaters

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV repeater builders
Mike-G8DLX

Re: Internet connected only repeaters

Post by Mike-G8DLX » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:15 am

Hi.

Thanks for all the comments.

It’s good to hear that progress is being made with some of the repeaters in the area but obviously these are receiving on higher bands and the paths are not that good for some of the local area.

One of the aims is to try and get others in the area interested and ultimately active in our side of the hobby, this is more likely to happen with a local system particularly at the location we are thinking of. The use of a simple and cost effective receive system could encourage others to have a go at some construction and give it a go themselves.

I need to discuss this further with others in the area and hopefully we can make some rapid progress on this project.

Thanks

Mike – G8DLX

G8DKC

Re: Internet connected only repeaters

Post by G8DKC » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:35 am

Hi All,

When GB3GQ comes on air near Coalville NW Leicestershire the 3.4Ghz output is a possible option to get a "23cms Style" repeater on air.

I hope we can offer choice of inputs and modes to provide a good service, as GB3RT (GB3ET) GB3GV and GB3GQ,

can all see each others sites at P5, so linking no problem, like minded people working together :-)

The input on 2.4Ghz is also part of the deal with Ofcom, so I hope to have the same inputs as 23cms repeaters as others already licenced.

E.G Rx frequencies the 2.4Ghz, 1.249Ghz, 437Mhz, and the 5.665Ghz analogue easy entry into ATV.

We could have a go at reduced bandwidth 437, 146.5, 71Mhz. also DVB-S2 H265 as GB3ZZ on 1249 437 Etc, to extend our range.

John M1CNJ at Edge Hill is a 23cms fan like myself and it's a pity that we are having problems getting repeater licences.

We have the streamer to watch our signals coming back if 3.4Ghz Rx a problem, distance obstructions Etc.

Peter

Return to “ATV Repeater Technical Topics”