Long running script..

The web-based facility open to all ATVers worldwide to encourage DX ATV working. Now at https://dxspot.batc.org.uk/
Wolfie G8VAT

Long running script..

Post by Wolfie G8VAT » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi Guys, I know your DXSPOT website is immensley useful.. everybody sings it's praises! but am bgrd if I can get it to work properly..

It takes an absolute age sometimes over a minute before the page has loaded and is useable (scroll able even), it nearly always fails with the "A long running script .." error.

In this instance the map had already opened, but most times the message appears before that appears and it waits for me to press something.
[attachment=1]dxspot.jpg[/attachment]

The page oftens shows "Not responding" at the top and / or will often say that is 'recovering the webpage' (at the bottom).
[attachment=0]dxspot2.jpg[/attachment]

I have tried this at home, PC1 Win7. Micro PC Win7. Laptop W10. Our Broadband is notoriously slow (around 4Mb) so I also tried it at work with our superfast (20 incoming lines) BB on my work PC Win7. I have also tried this using IE, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.. and it's exactly the same??

The debug option points to atvspot-combined.js having something to do with the problem..

But, why me? When everyone else seems to be absolutely fine. Have I missed some setup instructions somewhere?
Attachments
dxspot2.jpg
dxspot2.jpg (94.47 KiB) Viewed 7958 times
dxspot.jpg
dxspot.jpg (156.24 KiB) Viewed 7968 times
:
Dah-di-dah
:
Graham G8VAT

Wolfie G8VAT

Re: Long running script..

Post by Wolfie G8VAT » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:02 pm