Version 1 user guide available

The web-based facility open to all ATVers worldwide to encourage DX ATV working. Now at https://dxspot.batc.org.uk/
g8gtz

Version 1 user guide available

Post by g8gtz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi

The user guide has been updated to version 1 and is available from here http://www.dxspot.tv/dxspotguidev1.pdf or via the help tab on the website - not sure how long it will remain current as Phil keeps updating the site!

Initial feedback has been great and we have 116 users registered - just a pity we have not had the good conditions (in the UK) to see it in action during a lift, although it did get good use during the Summer Fun contest...

Best 73

Noel - G8GTZ

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Version 1 user guide available

Post by G8GKQ » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:57 pm

Great Guide and a great facility!

No apologies for requesting extra features; just say no:

Is it possible to add a new facility to view (when a tick-box is ticked) all registered users on the map? Perhaps with Black Flags for those who are not logged-on. A bit like the repeater tick-box

Also, when I search for a user, I get his details, the map centres over his location, but there is no flag. Could you display a black flag for his location?

What about an RSS feed for new spots?

Lastly, is the calibration on the elevation profile in feet or metres?

Thanks

Dave
G8GKQ

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:42 am

Hi Dave,

View all users - not sure, we'll think about that one.

Agreed on search user.

We're looking to implement email alert rather than RSS...

Umm, even Phil is a little on sure on this one - best to treat it as an indicator rather anything scientific for the moment ;-)

Noel

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Noel

Thanks for the responses. In answer to my own question, the pathplot is calibrated in metres - I've just calibrated it against the Isle of Wight.

Dave
G8GKQ

Return to “DXSpot.TV”