Christmas Repeater Contest and Operating Challenge

Please post here if you are planning any significant ATV Activity such as DXpeditions or Contest participation
G3GJA

Christmas Repeater Contest and Operating Challenge

Post by G3GJA » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:55 pm

We are holding Christmas Repeater Contest again in 2020, with the aim of increasing ATV repeater use. On offer is a £100 prize for the repeater group with the most contacts recorded. The competition will run from 24th December 2020 through to Sunday 3rd January 2021 inclusive.

To make entries easier, the on-line entry and ladder system as used for the Spring Lockdown Challenge will be used on the BATC website. The Ladder has additional fields for you to enter the points claimed and the repeater's callsign.

As well as the Repeater Challenge, you are invited to enter any non-repeater contacts you make so that the Contest becomes an Activity Ladder Challenge too. There are no prizes for the winner of the Activity Ladder Challenge but the first and second places will receive a certificate and your name and callsign will appear in CQ-TV with attached bragging rights, kudos etc.!

To help you collate your contacts and calculate the points I suggest you use the contest spreadsheet here:batc.org.uk/images/d/d5/ATV-contest-log ... 190608.xls and then transfer the data to the Ladder page. Use the 2m tab for any 4m contacts and record the band in the comments column. A separate entry is required for each unique QTH locator.

The full rules can be viewed or downloaded in PDF format here: https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Christmas_2020 ... _Challenge

Last year’s prize went to the Severnside Group who were grateful for the cash support. Like many repeater groups, their income has been slashed by the pandemic precautions, so here’s a chance to help your local repeater group and stir up some activity.

Queries should be emailed to contests@batv.tv

Good luck!

Clive G3GJA / G8EQZ
BATC Contests Manager

g4bvk

Re: Christmas Repeater Contest and Operating Challenge

Post by g4bvk » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:01 pm

Hi,

When will we see the new ladder log sheet for the coming Christmas repeater contest?

Ken G4BVK

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:55 am

Ken

Sorry for the delay in replying.

We are just doing the final testing of the new logsheet. It will be ready for 24 December.

Dave, G8GKQ

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:34 am

The automated logsheet for the Christmas Contest is now open.

Please register here and you will be sent links for both the Activity and Repeater Contest Entry sheets. Add each link to your bookmarks/favourites and you will be able to use them throughout the contest. No Excel spreadsheets required! https://batc.org.uk/contests/ladder/register

Thanks to Phil M0DNY for developing the scoring software.

Dave, G8GKQ

g8vpg

Post by g8vpg » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:05 pm

With respect to the Christmas Repeater contest, do one way contacts count? There does not seem to be a method of indicating them on the online entry form. Do they get the same points as a two way, half points or none?
Shaun.

G3GJA

Post by G3GJA » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:53 pm

There is no two-way contact as such as the scoring is based on the transmitting station's distance from the repeater. So if I work my local repeater for a contact I get 12 points if the sum of the numbers is correctly confirmed by the receiving station.

If the station receiving my repeated signals send his numbers and I correctly respond with the sum of his numbers he is then able to add his distance in km times the multiplier as his score into the website score card. If he doesn't complete I still retain my successful contact points.

Clive G3GJA

Return to “ATV Activity and Contest Discussions”