Despite the title, you can use any band but we would just like to encourage people out and use that 5.6GHz gear you've been building over the winter.
Personally I will only be out on Sunday (on duty on Saturday at the RSGB ETCC (repeater management group) meeting in Birmingham) but not decided any plans yet.
Ideally I would like to try 5.6, 10 and 24GHz from a site somewhere in the south....
What are others planning?
Noel - G8GTZ
Update Friday; Sunday weather looks to be cold, wet & windy - 50mph gusts at the home QTH elevation - so I regret that this is another scrub.
Best bet now seems to be Saturday so I will be out for a few hours from around 11am.
Most bands available to test but wind will likely prohibit anything with the dish this time.
Sorry, can't do anything via Eshail from /p *yet*...
To encourage activity during this coming activity weekend, BATC trophies will be awarded to the 2 stations achieving the longest distance 2-way contact on the 5.6 GHz band.
- The winners must transmit and receive fast scan TV pictures in both directions.
- At least one of the stations involved must be transmitting from the UK.
- Entrants may use FM, DATV or AM modes within the 5.6 GHz band within the terms of their licence.
- All licensed radio amateurs are eligible, including non-BATC members and BATC Committee members (who are normally excluded from cash prizes).
- Entries will be judged from those posted on this Forum. Entrants should post technical details of the contact, preferably with photographs.
- Entries close at midnight on Sunday 17 March - one week after the event.
I will have 146 MHz DATV, 5.6 GHz FM ATV and 10 GHz DATV. Talkback will be on 144.75 MHz. I can prepare for other bands if required - just let me know.
Probaly from the carpark, rather than risk desense from the GB3SCxC beacon.
Will have a lashup 5.7GHz ATV TX/RX and DATV RX on 146/487MHz
What's the non-2mtr talkback for ATV these days?
Be good to see you on Sunday - to answer your TB question in order of use:
Mobile phone, Zello, Dxspot and Oscar 100!
Seriously if you are happy to put your mobile number on here or join the Zello ATV south group - what would be very useful is a bridge between zello and 144.750.... I do intend to get a /p Oscar 100 system going for TB but not this time and poor old Dxspot gets mentioned everytime but never used....
I've still not decided where to go - depends a lot on wether Shaun is going to Bloringe on Sunday - if so I will probably go to Stoke Hill buit should be able to work you from there but not Dave on Povingdon.
https://email@example.com ... 2!1b1!2i40
If Shaun is not out I may to go Whether Down near Butser where I can work you both from.
A shame, because I have just managed to get 5W of FM DATV on 5.6 GHz!
Jules - please acknowledge (Noel already knows)
Was anybody else planning to attempt the 5.6 GHz DX Award? We may simply postpone it till next month (6 - 7 April)