Christmas ATV Repeater Contest

Please post here if you are planning any significant ATV Activity such as DXpeditions or Contest participation
G3GJA

Christmas ATV Repeater Contest

Post by G3GJA » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:56 pm

I waited an extra month to see if there any other repeater users that would make an entry but in the end only one group, Severnside ATV, submitted logs.

The five logs from G4UVZ, GW8BVI, G4BVK, G6AUR, G8XZD claimed 7517 points for operating through GB3ZZ.

5814 of those points were amassed by Adrian G4UVZ which is quite an achievement considering it was his first contest entry in 45 years of amateur radio!

Congratulations to the Severnside ATV Group;they pick up the £100 prize which I'm sure will help with funding.

Any suggestions on how the format could be improved to attract more entries would be welcome and should be sent to contests@batc.tv

Clive G3GJA
BATC Contests Manager

G3GJA

Re: Christmas ATV Repeater Contest

Post by G3GJA » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:59 am

I have been reminded that I should have published the first and second placed operators as well as the winning Repeater Group as they both will receive awards.

As already posted, Adrian G4UVZ came first with 5814 points and the runner up was Phil GW8BVI with 867 points. Phil deserves a special mention as he operated from seven different locations. Six of those he operated portable receive only to boost the other entrant's scores. Clearly a very good strategy!

Clive G3GJA
BATC Contests Manager

Return to “ATV Activity and Contest Discussions”