CAT13 streaming (or not)

Announcements and Discussion about the BATC's Flagship Event for 2013
g8gtz

CAT13 streaming (or not)

Post by g8gtz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:54 pm

We do not currently have a reliable internet connection on site - work is in hand to see if we can transmit to GB3VL (or another ATV rx site) which would then stream the weekend. If not, the talks may be recorded and made available under the archive section.

The only sure way to hear and see everything is to be there!

g8gtz

Re: CAT13 streaming (or not)

Post by g8gtz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:53 am

It is still unsure whether we will have broadband connectivity and so no promises on live streaming.

We will be taking the production equipment and cameras to make recordings which will be made available in the archive - however we will be looking for volunteers to man the equipment and cameras during the talks.

Please respond to the post if you would like to be involved.

Noel - G8GTZ

G7GTN

Post by G7GTN » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Noel,
Wonder if you should also pack a decent camera man or two. The Basinstoke event was a real shocker
with the poor camera work. Made an amateur event exactly that. Manic zoomimg, loss of sound etc.
Very disjointed. For people that only came across this on the streamer, sends out a poor and quite
low quality message of the ATV Hobby. Was like watching a poorly shot 1990's home movie
the only difference was the technical talks held merit and saw it through.

I think should just record and go the post route.

73's
Mike.

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:34 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for volunteering to run the cameras next weekend - it's difficult trying to run the club and events like this when people with the right experience don't always volunteer but are prepared to comment from the sidelines - hence our appeal for an experienced CQ-TV editor.

The show starts at 10:00am on Saturday so if you can be there at 9am to help set up it would be good. If you can find another experienced volunteer to run the 2nd camera that would be great.

We are currently planning to do a live mix and record that to disc as an FLV (which is what we have done for all recent live events) but we can also record in HD directly to the XA10 SD cards. You can have those recordings to do a post mix if you have the facilities (and the time) and we can then put the final product in to the archive, but this would need to be done within a couple of days, particularly as we are not doing a live stream.

Noel

G7GTN

Post by G7GTN » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi Noel,
Thank-you for your reply. Commenting from the sidelines is actually what people generally tend to do. Not quite sure what if anything your next comment has to do with my original statement.
hence our appeal for an experienced CQ-TV editor. I was mentioning what I alone considered to be below par quality. Obviously is tough as the Chairman and realise you need to get people behind you.
Equally you took on the leadership of the club so have to pull this off. What I consider to be somewhat sarcastic sideswipes from you tend not to work with me.

73 Mike.

Return to “CAT 13 - Finningley 26/27 October 2013”