This will follow the same format as last year’s highly successful BATC Convention in Basingstoke and feature:
* Technical talks program, with a special emphasis on “getting started in DATV”
* Demonstration area ranging from historic studio equipment to the latest DATV equipment
* Test and fix area
* Selected RF and video suppliers
* SMD soldering class
* Members bring and buy area
We are in the early planning stages but it envisaged the program will start at 11:00am on Saturday and finish around 4pm on Sunday. We will also be arranging a dinner on the Saturday night at the Reindeer Inn in Sandtoft. http://www.thereindeerinn.co.uk/ The Reindeer also has a limited of rooms available for the weekend with additional accommodation being available at the Red Lion in Epworth and the Travel Lodge at Junction 18 on the M180.
We are looking for talks, demonstrations and help with the organisation of the event so get in touch if you can help.
More details to follow, but put the date in your diary now and let’s make this an even bigger success than the Convention in 2012.
CAT13 will start at 10:00am on Saturday and finish around 4pm on Sunday and the program of talks is shaping up to include a number of interesting topics:
• 10 GHz ATV equipment and operation
• Ku band LNB developments and the use of PLL LNBs on 10 GHz
• How to get going on 70cms DATV and experiences to date
• HAMTV on ISS – introduction and how to receive it in your back garden
• High Altitude Ballooning – Introduction and possible demo with video downlink
• Digital update – including the latest from the Digilite and DATV express teams
• Narrow band modes below 432 MHz – presentation and discussion
• Talk and demo of a very exciting new DATV product which will be in the BATC shop shortly
As well as the talks program, there will be plenty of time for meeting other ATVers and visit the other activities on site including:
• SMD soldering workshop where you can buy, build and test equipment
• Demonstration area
• Comprehensive RF test and measurement equipment up to 10 GHz
• Selected RF and video suppliers
• Members bring and buy area
• Antennae test range (weather permitting)
Kevi, G3AAH, will be running an SMD workshop throughout the weekend. It is planned to have G4DDK kits available for sale and you will be able to buy, build and test the unit on site – it will be a great way to get used to soldering SMD but also know that the pre-amp you built works! We will also have some SUP2400 70cms rx upconverters which you can buy, modify and test. Let us know if you have any other ideas for SMD kits which we could have available on the day or feel free to bring along any project that you need help to get finished and tested!
Possible member demos will include MK808 video encoding by Rob (M0DTS) and nanowave ATV – there’s plenty of room, both inside and outside, so bring along any interesting demos that you are working on.
We are hoping to have an antennae test range up to 10 GHz, but this will depend on the weather on the day – so bring along that homemade 13cms yagi or 70cms 19 ele Tonna and we will tell you how good or bad it really is!
We are still looking for talks, demonstrations and help with the organisation of the event so get in touch if you can help. More details to follow, but put the date in your diary now and let’s make this an even bigger success than the Convention in 2012.
They will be available on a first come first served basis for the workshop but you can reserve one by replying to this post.
The kits are £12 each, cash only as they are sale or return from G4DDK and not BATC shop stock.
Any kits left over after the workshop will be available for sale at Finningley
Noel - G8GTZ