BGM Lectures

Post by g8cjs » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:18 pm

So far Noel Matthews has volunteered to give one lecture possible two on DATV
Mike Cox will be demonstrating 3D Television
watch this space for further developments

g8gtz

Re: BGM Lectures

Post by g8gtz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi - it's time to start firming up on the topics!

So far the possibilities from me are as follows - they are mostly in the can already having being used professionally or at local radio clubs - I am happy to do 2 or 3 but don't want to hog the program ;-)

BTW - I think it's essential that we have seperate rooms for lectures and equipment stalls / natter space!

What’s happening with Digital TV in the UK

A look at the various services available to the consumer, the technologies which are deployed, the pitfalls to be aware of and an update on analogue switch off.

An overview of DATV

An overview of the DATV activity in the UK, how people can get on DATV and what the future holds. Hopefully we can combine this with some live demos from other people?

Latest digital technologies

An overview of the latest technologies and their benefits being deployed in digital broadcast networks including MPEG4 HD and 4:2:2, DVB-S2 and DVB-T2.

Experiences with remote station operation

A presentation looking at my experiences of putting on a permanent remote HF, VHF, microwave and potentially ATV station on air from a remote hill top using internet / IP technologies for control and audio channels. (This is based on my experiences of the last year and will include a live demo of station operation if internet connection is available).

An introduction to 3D

To compliment Mike’s demo this will be a layman’s introduction to the history, concepts and various possible display techniques involved in 3D. It will also give an overview of the various transmission systems broadcasters are starting to use and what the final standards are likely to be.

Return to “Archive”