Which repeaters are linked?

G0DJA

Which repeaters are linked?

Post by G0DJA » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:11 pm

Does anyone have a list of which repeaters are linked in some way to which other repeaters please?

Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)

M0SAT

Re: Which repeaters are linked?

Post by M0SAT » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Hi Dave

Sorry for the delay in replying to your mail; but after requesting this section of the forum I got pretty ill.

Currently in the London and Home Counties area there are 4 repeaters that are linked.

GB3TG (3cm Milton Keynes) can be seen via GB3TV
GB3TV (23cm Dunstable) can be seen via GB3BH (13cm & 3cm Bushey)
GB3HV (23cm High Wycombe) can be seen via GB3BH
GB3BH can be seen via GB3HV

so it is possible for a signal in Milton Keynes to end up via the "network" coming out in the HV coverage area. Not quite so the reverse at present although it is hoped to have that set up when the weather improves.

We are hoping to increase the network to 7 repeaters soon. I understand the IV group may be interested and already through this forum the boys at UT in Bath are very keen to link. The 13cm repeater GB3FT at Newbury is still being built but when completed would form the link in the chain South and West from Wycombe to these two new repeaters.

I will try and upload a map/picture which makes things a little easier to understand soon.

The control of the repeaters still requires "locals" to switch in the links and there is no "agreed" policy to automate this (so far) and there are problems with not being able to relay the talkback (but they're being worked on) but it has generated more activity in our region and has brought neighbouring repeater groups together and got them talking and working together for the first time, which sounds crazy in our hobby but it does tend to consist of "cells" of enthusiasts.

Hope that is of use.

Be pleased to answer any other questions.

Dave

G0DJA

Re: Which repeaters are linked?

Post by G0DJA » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Thanks for the information Dave,

Much appreciated and I'll keep it in mind if conditions come up and I can see pictures from down that neck of the woods, although it's quite a way from Bolsover, which is where I live. HI.

Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)

Return to “Archive”