New area request

M0SAT

New area request

Post by M0SAT » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi Chris

I originally posted this in the general chit chat area so I think it should have really been in this feedback section. Feel free to remove it from the chit chat area.

Congrats on the forum and your efforts with CQ-TV.
I wonder if we could start a new section about repeater linking?
There is quite a lot of interest stirred by this topic and we (BH,HV,TV and FT) are already linked (EN, IV & UT to hopefully be linked in later this year).
It drives up activity and adds another level to the hobby.
I believe there may be some other repeaters "linked" but have no further details so would like to find out more from others about there endevours and also help those who would like to generate more interest/activity through their repeaters.

Thanks once again and 73's

Dave

g1fef

Re: New area request

Post by g1fef » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:52 am

Hi Dave,

No sooner said that done :)

Please tell everyone you feel may be interested and ask them to participate - there are over 70 members registered here, but most seem a bit shy at taking part in the discussions!

Chris - G1FEF

g3pyb

Post by g3pyb » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Chris,
Have you considered a rolling spotter panel or box on the intro field, a bit like the ON4KST spotter panel where people can post an ATV signal seen or maybe a mixure of the request to try a contact that you see in the main message panel.
Or an "I will be on xxxx frequency beaming South and calling CQ.... from g9xyx"

Or will the new streamer front page be a beetter place?
peterB g3pyb

g1fef

Post by g1fef » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi Peter,

That's a good idea, I will look into it.
I do need to put some links here pointing to the new streamer site and back anyway, one way or another I'm sure we can do something like you suggest.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to “Archive”