Repeater Linking via IP

ZL1WTT

Repeater Linking via IP

Post by ZL1WTT » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:11 am

Hi,

1/ Does anyone know what the software is that the BATC uses for web Streaming and what is needed to run it?

2/ I'm also interested in possibility of linking ATV repeaters via Video over IP. Has anyone done work in the area of Transcoding from Video over IP to DVB and back? The idea is to go from H264 (IP video) and Transcode to a Mpeg 2 DVB transport stream to send up to the local ATV repeater. This area of ATV I have become somewhat interested in and all these possibilities of Digital Television.

Grant
ZL1WTT

M0DTS

Re: Repeater Linking via IP

Post by M0DTS » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi Grant,

First of all happy new year 2009!

The BATC streams are in Flash Video, Adobe Flash Media Encoder is required - free download from Adobe.

I think you can take IP video from a camera and transcode it to an MPEG Transport stream with VLC VideoLan software.
I'm trying myself to use this software for sending digital ATV but a little stuck on how to get the data to the transmitter without gaps, usb data transfer is proving to be a problem!

Rob

ZL1WTT

Re: Repeater Linking via IP

Post by ZL1WTT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks Rob for the info on the Adobe Flash Media Encoder software.
Let me know how you get on with your IP camera. I have the same problem with streaming Video clips when they stop and start.

I have used a DVB receiver card in my PC to receive mpeg2 off a Satellite using Ubuntu Studio and VLC. I can stream it out over my LAN network using UDP and displaying it on my Xbox Media center.
I also have a DVB-S modulator with an ASI input. I thinking about buying a PCI DVB transcoder card, that would input and output an ASI transport stream. Has anyone done this with VLC using these types of cards for hardware transcoding.

Grant

Return to “Archive”