Construction Progress

M0ATV

Re: Construction Progress

Post by M0ATV » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Welcome to the digilite club, excellent news on the successful build.

G0KTD

Post by G0KTD » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:15 am

Well I made it first Pictures TX with Digilite only across the room and a bit broken but a bit more tuning I should be their.
bit a devil to set up comp software but this may do to an old 1.8 Ghz Toshiba laptop and WinTV PVR2 USB2 pvr unit running win6 software.
good Fun doing the build.
Keith

G4EWJ

Post by G4EWJ » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:24 am

Very good. Some receivers are more touchy than others about working close in.

Could you detail the problems you had installing the software and how you got around them. That would be a great help to others. If it was with WinTv, it would be a great help to me as I could never get WinTv to work properly. :)

Brian

G0KTD

Post by G0KTD » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Brian this is a brief problem I had I first started trying to install the drivers from the CD the the driver up dats from Hauppauge then the wintv Prog
with some sucsses but it kept locking up so when to Hauppauge site and tried down loading from there the same
result. the next step was to try other drivers from other pvr's and found PVR 250 with WINTV6 so down loaded it
and it when in ok.
In all this playing around installing and uninstalling you must do the hcwclear many times I found to get is to install
on mt Toshiba Satellite A100-285 1.8Ghz 1.5MB memory and it works ok at the moment and setup as Digilie Web Site
on all this I kept the CD rom in the laptop because it needs to see it is a validate CD.

I then installed it on a Old HP Pavillion DV5000 laptop 1.7Ghz with 1MB memory and all ok
then installed all other software, had a little problem with FT2232H port set up but after unistalling them from control pannel
and reconnect found them ok Mine was 4 & 5 and it came together slowly.

You Must have a valid CD to down load any progs fro Hauppauge if you have that you can down load from site.
I have no connection with Hauppauge .
it took a long time to do but had fun it was like a spider building a Webb try and try agn.

M0ATV

Post by M0ATV » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Well Done Keith, I also found the software combination setup to be a pain, the actual digilite program was a breeze compared to GBPVR, but all worked in the end, recently aquired a PVRUSB2 device myself to play with an old laptop, works great, but haven't actually wired the digilite tx into yet.

M1EEV

Post by M1EEV » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi All,
Started the board...
got IC4 out the way,wasnt to bad,just done it the way they do them on utube boxed off in 20 seconds.
Now gone for a lay down....
Chris.....

M0ATV

Post by M0ATV » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:04 pm

Well done Chris, hope the build goes nice & smooth, post some pics along the way.

g4bbh

Post by g4bbh » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:03 am

My first DigiLite board is now complete and working but still have to finally adjust the pots and drive levels etc. I have fitted multi-turn pots to make setting easier.

I had one problem in that the PIC oscillator was temperamental. Unfortunately all the 20MHz crystals in my box have cases large enough to touch the end of C9 on the v5.7 board. Lifting the crystal off the board by a couple of mm cured this. Perhaps a small layout change would give better clearance on future boards.

One other observation about the board layout is that it would have been nice to have a proper set of pads for an SMA connector on the output although that might mean radical changes to the MMIC stage layout to give sufficient space.

Dick G4BBH

g8ajn

Post by g8ajn » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:36 am

Just to confirm that I have changed the layout on the latest version of the DigiLite to allow more space for the low height crystal to avoid hitting the capacitors. This is referred to in the final section of the DigiLite articles. A dab of adhesive from a glue gun is a simple compromise.
As you surmised, to add an sma connector to the output would have required a wider board and would also have increased the cost of the pcbs.
Thanks for the feedback.
Dave G8AJN

M1EEV

Post by M1EEV » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Well my mar-6 sm have arrived from mini circuits.
So have fitted it to the board, thats me finished
just waiting for some sma then i will be up and running.
This is the first time i have built anything using SM
And found it no trouble at all.
Big thanks you to G8AJN and the BATC
And Brian G4EWJ and Tony M0ATV for all the help and info.
Chris M1EEV/M3ATV.......... :D

Return to “DigiLite”