DigiLite Project PCB

g8ajn

DigiLite Project PCB

Post by g8ajn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:24 am

If you are interested in getting a pcb, you can order one from the BATC shop at http://www.batc.org.uk/shop/kits.html
The boards are being ordered on a rolling basis, about every 3 weeks, to avoid overstocking, so that is the longest you might have to wait.
DigiLite Project items held by the BATC Shop are :

Pre-programmed dsPIC33 chip.
Pre-programmed USB module.
T1 local oscillator Balun.
Main DigiLite pcb.
Local Oscillator Ultram mini-board.*

*These are fixed frequency, set to 1249Mhz,(or 70cm version), but the final CQTV article will describe a small home-made add-on PIC board by Richard G8BYI to allow five preset channels to be selected and there are two further CQTV articles awaiting publication with full tuning or preset channels and LCD. The 'simple' controller and the one with more features by Alain F1CJN is now on the DigiLite website.

If you are able to program the dsPIC33xx chip then you can just buy the pcb and get the basic components yourself.
All the necessary software and hardware details are on the DigiLite website.http://www.g8ajn.tv/dlindex.html
The details are on the website with screen-shots and the CQTV articles will be published soon.
I have attempted to cost out all the parts , but excluding the pc,the WinTv card,any cables,psu. Typically it will set you back less than £120, depending on what is available in small quantities from suppliers. This is an estimated price for general guidance only.
Dave G8AJN
Last edited by g8ajn on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AndyCN

Re: DigiLite Project PCB

Post by AndyCN » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Dave - or anyone else,

Could someone send the component list to me ?
I didn't receive anything with my two PCB's - and I haven't located the pcb overlay for the backside of the board.
I guess U6 is a 3.3v regulator - but what is the part number ?

Also - I note C1 on the published overlay is marked with the opposite polarity - I'm assuming the actual PCB overlay is correct :-)

BTW - I'm using the second PCB to 'experiment' , I'm intending ( eventually - time / work permitting ) to replace the FT2232H/dsPic with an LPC1769 board ( 18ukp ).
It should be possible to increase the symbol rate as well as have an option for ethernet connectivity ( and SDCard as well as retain USB ) - also perhaps control of the LO.
( Should be cheaper as well )

Is anyone accepting suggestions for improvements to the PCB for the next release ( such as a little more space on the pads for C1/C10/C23/C26/C5 ? And also perhaps footprints for SMA sockets at LO in and RF out ? )

Also - as the way of a quick introduction - I'm an ex-BBC TV engineer.

Some years ago I wrote software to perform the PC side ( similar to TS188toIQ ) - so my intention would be to open the source for that.

And finally - great job in getting this far - I think this has great promise.

Andy.

g0uhy

Post by g0uhy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi Andy,

try this link.

Should give you everything you need. If in doubt refer to the circuit diagram in case of component discrepancies..hi.

Malcolm
G0UHY
Last edited by g0uhy on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyCN

Post by AndyCN » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:25 am

Many thanks for the response - the build can continue.

Andy.

Return to “DigiLite”