no more need PVR150: DV input is possible 16/9 and HD

F6DZP

no more need PVR150: DV input is possible 16/9 and HD

Post by F6DZP » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 am

Hello
This morning I have tried to use my DV camera with DV input (firewire/IEEE1394).
I have made a little graph to decode DV, Code video in Mpeg2 by software, code audio Mpeg1layer2 by software, mux them and send them to a file.
Digilite transmit take them immediately.
So we can use already today any video source we want.
No more need PVR150. ouf, I really don't like to use composite or Y/C input. Using Digilite was the thirst time I was obliged to use analog input to play DATV.
It's finished.
I no more need to use a PVR card to send real time video coming from DV camera, HDV camera, webcam HD (720p) or webcam 3D.
Just to use the graph I have created in 5 minutes and that I can reload immediately.
DV to MPeg2 PS to file for Digilite.jpg
DV to MPeg2 PS to file for Digilite.jpg (104.47 KiB) Viewed 11446 times
and Tutioune is happy to receive my DV signal in 16/9 format.
Tutioune read DV from Digilite.jpg
Tutioune read DV from Digilite.jpg (289.53 KiB) Viewed 11446 times
Youppy!! no more need of GB-PVR, no more need of PVR150 capture card if we want.

We can use any video source we want and directly from Digital signal : DV, HDV, HDMI, USB input for all video equipment we can find.

With a PC laptop using it's own webcam we can transmit Directly to Digilite.
and many webcam today are HD 720p or 1080p!

this morning I will send result using DV input to digilite , Tutioune receiver send pictures to my web monitor http://www.vivadatv.org/tutioune.php?om ... ation_id=1
Jean Pierre F6DZP

G4EWJ

Re: no more need PVR150: DV input is possible 16/9 and HD

Post by G4EWJ » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 am

Very good.

I do not have a DV camera, so can you give some advice on what features to look for when choosing one. Do most DV cameras work on Firewire? I do not have Firewire and there are no free slots in my PC.

Brian

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Hello Brian,

We can find used DV camera for about 40 euros in some place like Easycash in France.
Just check/ask they have Firewire output, that's all.
(some DV camera have also firewire input, but not all. we don't need that feature for DATV)

I have bought new a last DV camera JVC GR-D820 for 100 euros.

principal differences between DV camera are CCD and optical equipment quality. DV coding is a standard ( MJPEG 25Mbps _ 720x576 ) so all DV camera produce same stream.

I use also a better HDV camera Canon HV20 that can give me DV format 720x576i or HDV format=1280 x720p via firewire output .
If I use HDMI output I obtain 1920x1080 format (in this case I use my Intensity pro HDMI input Editing card to get the digital signal and code it)

I put no tape inside DV camera, just use them as simple camera, not recorder functions. So if you find an old DV camera that has tape problems, that doesn't matter for our use.

For your computer you can perhaps use Firewire to USB2 adapter like http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049DJ0JG/ref ... B0049DJ0JG

but I have not tested a graph using a DV camera plugged in USB input via this kind of adapter.

I will explain soon step by step how I create these graph for Digilite, which filter I use, with which setup.

I just search for the moment to resolve a last little problem I have - I have not seen this problem at my first use of this graph:
about every 14 or 15mn, sometimes 25 mn, sometimes 5mn, the serialiser do a resync.
I have try to change TS delay and buffer delay ==> no effect
I have change video bit-rate for PAD% between 5.2% to 7% ==> no really effect.

I have exactly same problem with PVR150 hardware coding, using GB-PVR so it’s not a problem with my graph or software coding.

Could you give me some direction where I can search?

Jean Pierre

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:08 am

I have search for Mini DV camera on the Net.
Take care, many Chinese product say DV or mini DV camera but they are not, just digital camcorder on SD card.

All real Mini DV camera use DV tape and almost all of them have firewire/i-link/IEEE1394 output( and analog output)
HDV camera have Firewire, analog composite and YUV(HD), and HDMI output.

Prefer most recent camera with 16/9 possibilities.

Jean Pierre F6DZP

on4bhm

Post by on4bhm » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi,

What do you use as file writer?

the transmit program doesn't pick up my mpg file
i think because it is locked by graphedit while he is writing content to the file.

transmit program can't access the file at the same time.

how can i solve this?

thanks
on4bhm

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:11 am

I use GB-PVR Writer (GBPVRwriter.ax)
Yes we must need to use a Directshow filter that write a file and let it open for reading at same time.
I have found a second solution with the muxer writing itself the file, so in this case no more need of GB-PVR writer.

Jean Pierre F6DZP

on4bhm

Post by on4bhm » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:06 am

what muxer are you using then?

would it be difficult to build the graph in vb.net ?
that way we could make a stand alone program, instead of using the graphedit.

on4bhm

g8byi

Post by g8byi » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi Jean

I have been using Graphedit with a UDP stream version of Digilte as a trial for Brian G4EWJ, very pleased that I no longer have to use GB-PVR.
So today I tried to setup your implementation using a Sony DV DCR-TRV320E Digital8 camera, it uses Firewire interface. Can you I wonder tell me how or where to get the following filters - the MainConcept Layer II Audio Encoder, the 3 input one output filter and what actual filter to use for the DK1_manual.mpg file producer,is it still GBPVR Writer, I wonder. Or could I still use the UDP output stream I am currently using. I have the other filters sorted and linked.
As you probably have guessed I am a complete novice in building up Graphedit filter designs, so any help would be most useful.

regards
Richard G8BYI

on4bhm

Post by on4bhm » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:01 pm

i'm not able to write a file that is picked up by the transmit program.
the file is growing. and i can look at it with media player.
but still it is not being transmitted.

what am i doing wrong?

any things i can test?

kind regards

on4bhm

G4EWJ

Post by G4EWJ » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:36 pm

The file that is being written must be in one of the places that DL Transmit is looking.

DL Transmit says where it is looking when it is waiting for a file. It is usually "C:\temp\My Recordings" if GBPVR is installed. It also looks in the folder where DL Transmit lives.

The file must have the extension .mpg

Brian

Return to “DigiLite”