WWW.G8AJN.TV silent key

VK5YYY

WWW.G8AJN.TV silent key

Post by VK5YYY » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:40 pm

It was with great sadness I noted the passing of Dave's website
G8AJN.TV remained as a memory of someone who touched most of our community
It had all sorts of fantastic bits and pieces which I trawled many times
The moment between analogue and DATV was a momentous leap that Dave helped (very patiently) guide us through
I'm currently rejigging the Digilite to RPi Frankenstein hybrid so someone else can get some joy from it like I did

It was with great elation that I discovered some kind soul (Dave or Noel I guess) had saved V5.9 digilite to the Wiki.... thanks guys!
However there is still some missing pages, have they been lost forever, or could they be resurrected
I was wondering if aforementioned kind souls have the missing pages of history and could update the Wiki
Or is there a site that has already republished Dave's (and his teams) work
An example is Dave's Alford slot info that encouraged me to successfully build one

Vail G8AJN.TV

G3GJA

Re: WWW.G8AJN.TV silent key

Post by G3GJA » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:52 pm

I have recovered most of the files from Dave's website after I noticed that it had expired today.

It needs some tidying up, such as removing dead links, replacing missing PDFs etc., but it hopefully will continue to be a useful resource for Digilite and other ATV projects as well as a fitting tribute to Dave.

Its URL is http://g8ajn.eyrg.net

Clive G3GJA

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Not sure if this copy differs in any way but I also cloned Dave's site a while back when Colin G4KLB had concerns it would be lost. Colin approached Dave's family to get the okay.

I haven't fully checked it but what I have looked at seemed to work okay; PDF's are there.

www.ajn.m0skm.com/

Edit

See improved version here viewtopic.php?f=71&p=18539#p17768
Last edited by M0SKM on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

VK5YYY

Post by VK5YYY » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:20 pm

Goodonya Clive, that's the spirit, cheered me up no end
As did re-watching Dave receive his award and his no nonsense approach to building something from scratch
as opposed to buying a pre-made unit, with a view to learning something.... genius really!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nxxTAvYpHA

Well I flicked the switch on to my Digi-Pi or Raspberry-Lite thingo last night and it didn't quite work
More refinements needed I guess
To buffer or not to buffer the GPIO, that is the question

Cheers Roger VK5YYY

Wolfie G8VAT

Post by Wolfie G8VAT » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:44 am

Good thinking Clive.. It is a tremendous resource for ATVers at all levels.
:
Dah-di-dah
:
Graham G8VAT

G1LPS Terry

Post by G1LPS Terry » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:03 pm

When Dave sadly passed away I also thought it best to make a full copy of his g8ajn and digilite sites as at some point they may disappear.
Ive just checked my web site backups and still have full ripped copies of the websites.
It all seems to function as it was, running locally from my hard drive.
As yet not sure how or if the rip could be reloaded back to the web.

Terry

G3GJA

Post by G3GJA » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi Terry

I'm quite happy to host it as part of the East Yorkshire Repeater Group's web site as we had started with http://g8ajn.eyrg.net
It's probably a more complete copy as I recovered it from a site that keeps historical records after the site had gone off-line.

Contact me via PM and perhaps we could arrange to get your copy via Dropbox or similar.

Clive G3GJA

G3GJA

Post by G3GJA » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:56 pm

www.g8ajn.tv can now be found at http://g8ajn.eyrg.net

Dave's G8AJN's website has been archived by Lyndon, M0LDR, at the request of Clive, G3GJA, to preserve the valuable ATV resource that Dave built up over many years. It is a particularly good source of information on the Digilite project that kicked off Digital ATV in the UK. It has been merged with another archive copy made by Terry, G1LPS, which supplied the missing self-hosted files and other contributions from members of the BATC.

The archival copy is a nearly full replication of the original site, complete with its legacy and outdated code, errors and more intact. As a result your browsing experience may vary from page to page and you are advised try a different browser when pages don't work as expected.

Mediafire links, referred to as "Cloud Storage" on the site are no longer present but where possible those files are now available as a direct download from the new website instead; this avoids advertising, adware and other issues with downloading from free file-hosting pages.

In addition, all tracing scripts, URLs, Cookies and more introduced by G8AJN have been removed where possible to clean up your browsing experience. Note the hosts of the archive are not responsible or liable for any issues you encounter while browsing or downloading from the site.

If you have the content from the missing MediaFire links, any information or have any further queries please contact G3GJA on the BATC forum, or Lyndon via email to lyndon@hesh.co.uk .

Clive G3GJA

Pkenward

Post by Pkenward » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:24 pm

It’s great to see that dad’s work is living on and that it is also helping others to learn. He only had two passions in life. ATV and F1! He would have struggled to fit in a F1 car, so it’s great that he was good at ATV..

I may still have the hard drives from Dave’s old computers if you think there could be useful files contained on them that weren’t on his g8ajn.tv website.

Let me know if you want me to look for anything in particular that you can’t find.

Kind regards,

Paul Kenward
paul@paulkenward.com

Return to “DigiLite”