Chroma key green

Area for discussing streaming over the Internet, especially as it relates to ATV
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
M0YDH

Chroma key green

Post by M0YDH » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Hello
Who knows how close to chroma key green does the shade of a green screen have to be for the video effect to work? OBS studio is my software.
I'm interested in having a roller blind as a green screen to conceal the tandem, box of electronic 'junk' perched on its carrier and the general detritus that's behind my chair at the radio shack end of my workshop. Roller blinds come in a shade called jade that's fairly close.

https://www.247blinds.co.uk/origin-blac ... ller-blind
This would be about half the price of the chroma key roller blinds. Otherwise I'll buy a white or lime green blind and paint it. I'm not draping a fabric screen.

All the best
David M0YDH

g0mjw

Re: Chroma key green

Post by g0mjw » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:49 am

You can set any shade but the idea is for it to be as unique as possible. Lighting is very important too. I bought a quite cheap 3x20 green cotton material designed for photographers. It's a little more expensive than the cheapest but worth the extra. Its described as PhotoSEL BK11CG ChromaKey Green Screen Backdrop 2m x 3m. Mine was £18 but they are £26 on Ebay and Amazon at the moment.

Mike

Return to “Streaming”