New Streamer

Area for discussing streaming over the Internet, especially as it relates to ATV
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G7VVF

New Streamer

Post by G7VVF » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:47 pm

The new streamer is great. Here is some info that you might find interesting.
I have been using the new streamer for 2 weeks now and it has been working very well. I have been using Vmix to stream both repeaters I manage.
You are allowed 2 free licences per email address with Vmix.
I have 2 installs of Vmix running on 2 different computers, one for GB3EN and one for IO91WN. On both computers Vmix is streaming HTML5 to the new streamer and also streaming a low bitrate flash stream to the old BATC.tv streamer, this will of course stop when the old stream turns off at the end of June.
I haven't found any other free program that will stream HTML5 I would be interested to know if anyone knows of one.
I can now watch the stream on my i phone 5 without having to use Puffin, though Puffin seems to be the only browser that can display both the video and chat room on the same screen, other browsers I have tried, Safari, Firefox, Opera display a still image and when you click on it to play it goes full screen and the you can't see the chat room, anyone else noticed this?

Duncan G7VVF

Return to “Streaming”