New streamer timeout

Area for discussing streaming over the Internet, especially as it relates to ATV
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
vk2crj

New streamer timeout

Post by vk2crj » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 am

I had a problem with the new streamer recently. My internet connection was momentarily lost while I was streaming and then I found I could not reconnect to the server. Same problem with a different computer trying to start the stream. There was a server error message something like "stream already in use". It must have taken something like half an hour before the server timed out and I could reconnect. Would it be possible to reduce the timeout to say 1 minute or less?

Gary VK2CRJ

Phil M0DNY

Re: New streamer timeout

Post by Phil M0DNY » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:59 am

Hi Gary,

This problem was observed a couple of times in early testing, however I was unable to reproduce it and so wasn't able to verify that I'd fixed it. It also seems to be specific to only Flash Media Live Encoder clients.

I've now set a 30s timeout on 'connected but not streaming' connections that may work around it by dropping the initial connection after that period. Please let me know if the problem continues.

Thanks,
Phil M0DNY

vk2crj

Re: New streamer timeout

Post by vk2crj » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:42 am

Hi Phil,

Thanks for setting a short timeout. I'll run some tests and see if I can make it happen again.

Gary

Return to “Streaming”