br / br / br / br /

Area for discussing streaming over the Internet, especially as it relates to ATV
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g3uvr

br / br / br / br /

Post by g3uvr » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 pm

The BATC Tech has not responded to my email.

Can any one solve the problem why since the BATC were forced to remove certain keyboard characters from being sent into the chat box I now have to put up with "br /" at the end of most lines of text sent ? It never used to do this previously.

I have noticed it is browser dependent. Firefox and Kmeleon Netscape browsers do and IE does not.. Do br / I br / really br / have br / to br / change br / to br / to br / avoid br / this br / happening br/???

Its really annoying It never used to happen. Why now.

Denis G3UVR

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: br / br / br / br /

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Dennis

I can answer the first part of your question. The limitations were introduced to prevent abuse of the chat window that had led to the display of inappropriate content.

I will ask Chris to answer the second part of the question. The Chrome browser does not suffer from the issue.

Regards

Dave
G8GKQ

g3uvr

Post by g3uvr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Dave.

Thanks for the reply... I do understand that the BATC have had to react to combat abuse on certain stream although I personally had no problem in my streaming channel

Accordin to the statistics on my works website, my personal G3UVR pages and my stream page Firefox is the third morst popular web browser used. It would be nice to get the current problem resolved as previously Firefox has worked perfectly well on BATC site.

If it helps I have noted..

It does not matter is you are logged in or not
The "br /" happens on all streams I have tried
The first line of chat submitted does not produce the "br /" at the end of line
The next line will add the "br /"
IF the line of text submitted contains no spaces "br /" is not dded
EG... thequickbrownfoxjumps No "br /" added
The quick rown fox jumps will add the "br /"

It would be great if this "br /" was not added to lines of chat.

chrismith

Post by chrismith » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Sorry, I was visiting family in Ireland.

We had to restrict the characters on the chat system because some thoughtless individuals were abusing the service and posting inappropriate content. So that's the reason behind the changes. Since I've got back I have had a good look at the code and re-coded it slightly so it is less restrictive.

Please test the chat facility and let me know if you find any further problems by emailing me at techatbatcdotorgdotuk

Thanks,
Chris

Return to “Streaming”