Raspberry Pi Capture / Streaming

Area for discussing streaming over the Internet, especially as it relates to ATV
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g0lgj

Raspberry Pi Capture / Streaming

Post by g0lgj » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi all I am streaming GB3TN from my home QTH using a video capture card and a power hungry PC ! I would like to move it to the repeater site but want to reduce power used etc.
I was wondering if anyone has had any joy using a Rapsberry Pi and a video capture device ? I have seen some posts with the Camera module but not comp or s-video in.

Regards Mark
G0LGJ

oe6rke

Re: Raspberry Pi Capture / Streaming

Post by oe6rke » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Hello Mark,

you could get some sort of Streaming in combination with IP 9100A, but with kinda results. working with easycab devices lacks on good Drivers and poor usb utilization.

I would recomment such device: http://www.grandstream.com/products/ip- ... ce/gxv3500
This device can send or receive and this with help of h264 codecs.
Also audio is supported and if working reliable even in remote Locations. And from an Overall Point of view such devices are affortable too.

We started in oe to use such devices for replacing hf links via HAMNET and establish some sort of ip-atv

ciao Robert, 73 de oe6rke

Return to “Streaming”