Recording a stream output

Area for discussing streaming over the Internet, especially as it relates to ATV
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8gtz

Recording a stream output

Post by g8gtz » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Just occassionally it is useful to record the stream / chat from a channel on BATC.TV

I've been playing around with this software which does a screen record and audio record. It allows you to set a window to record so you can trim it to record the video and chat windows with very reasonable results.

See http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html

Noel - G8GTZ

g8gtz

Re: Recording a stream output

Post by g8gtz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:49 am

Very impressed how well this works - and it can record directly in Flash .FLV.

See the G8ADM antennae or G7LWT ISS lectures in the BATC 2012 convention archive on BATC.TV - these were recorded by Henry, G3REH, on his HD camcorder. I then played the file in WM player on my desktop and set the debut window to the same size as the WM player window and recorded it directly to flv.- the results look superb...

The G8AJN teleporter award ceremony in the same archive was an early attempt. I originally recorded directly off the SQ stream but set the original window to record the chat as well. And I screwed up sound levels and I saved the file as WMV.

Once I realised the ceremony was good for the archive, I replayed the original file in VLC and used debut to re-record just the video player window as a flash file - not bad considering ;-)

Noel

Return to “Streaming”