access forum

If you have any feedback concerning these forums, or want to leave the sysops a message, please post here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G3UKV

access forum

Post by G3UKV » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:54 pm

Tried repeatedly to use members' forum, but it refuses to let me in. I write down each new ID and password - so I'm fairly sure I entered it correctly. Then I asked it for new password etc - but it wouldn't even let me do that. Is it possible to simplify access ?
73 Martyn G3UKV
ukv@ukv.me.uk

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: access forum

Post by G8GKQ » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi Martyn

I'm confused, because you have now managed to post something on the Forum, so it clearly can't be that difficult.

What usually catches people out is that their Forum username and password may be different from the username and password used on the main BATC website. This is because they are 2 separate services - not linked except by their name and part of the web address.

We have researched integrated (single sign-on) forum solutions for the main website, but they were not as good as this stand-alone forum solution. If we had a full-time paid website admin team we might be able to do better, but volunteer time is very limited.

Now that you are in, we look forward to seeing more posts from you.

Dave, G8GKQ

Return to “Feedback”