Rejoining BATC - how?

If you have any feedback concerning these forums, or want to leave the sysops a message, please post here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G8PEF

Rejoining BATC - how?

Post by G8PEF » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi folks....

I've just realised that my membership has expired. I see that I can 'join' via the BATC shop, but I don't seem to be able to log in - does this mean that I have to create a new account in the shop to pay for my membership, or am I trying to do it the wrong way?

John

g8gtz

Re: Rejoining BATC - how?

Post by g8gtz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:48 am

Hi John,

As you are an expired member your account is still live on the system for 1 year (after that we delete it) and you can log in but not have access to some of the member services.

To renew, go to this page https://batc.org.uk/members/login/ and log in - if you have forgotten your password, just ask click lost password - once logged in you can go to the members shop and buy a new subscription.

If you don't log in, you can buy a subscription but it will not be a renewal and you will need to enter all your details again.

Noel
G8GTZ

G8PEF

Post by G8PEF » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks, Noel - I think I d assumed that the reason I couldn't log in was because my membership had expired, when it was probably more like an incorrect password...

Anyway, I've now run into a different problem - I ordered a 2-year cyber membership (saving the planet and all that...) and selected the PayPal option - that was on the 13th - the order status is shown as payment pending, but no payment request has appeared on my PayPal. I think this may be because my PayPal account is under a different email address to my BATC membership, so there isn't an account to pay from. I don't recall being asked for my PayPal details, so I'm not sure how to proceed with this one - maybe you are able to manually issue a payment request to the correct account? Or, as a last resort cancel the order and I can try again if you think I messed it up somewhere along the line ;)

John, G8PEF

G8NXG

Post by G8NXG » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:30 am

Hi John,

I suggest that you try again. As you were not asked for details the payment could not have been made. The fact that you have a different e-mail address for PayPal is not an issue.

As Noel has advised, you need to log in to ensure that you are renewing your membership.

Robert, G8NXG
(memsec@batc.tv)
Robert G8NXG

Return to “Feedback”