Posting Images on this Forum

If you have any feedback concerning these forums, or want to leave the sysops a message, please post here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G8GKQ
Site Admin

Posting Images on this Forum

Post by G8GKQ » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:16 pm

The fault that prevented multiple images being posted within each Forum post has (hopefully) been corrected by a recent system update (thanks Phil).

The individual image size limit of 2 MB remains in place, so please resize your images to something appropriate (width <1024) unless there is a specific reason for including minute detail.

If anyone is aware of a phpBB extension that would enable easier handling of images without using an external image hosting service please let me know.

Thanks

Dave, G8GKQ

Wolfie G8VAT

Re: Posting Images on this Forum

Post by Wolfie G8VAT » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pm

PHPBB usually has an option in the "attachment settings" page for Imagemagick to resize incoming images, our host installed something external though (possibly his own personal favourite) so I'm not sure exactly how it performs it's magick.

Imagemagick is package installed on your PHP server and then linked by the above setting.
:
Dah-di-dah
:
Graham G8VAT

g8gtz

Re: Posting Images on this Forum

Post by g8gtz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:29 am

Until we find a nice solution for images on the forum I use this site to make a montage of the pictures I want to post (mainly activity weekends):

https://www.fotor.com/features/montage.html

Noel - G8GTZ

Return to “Feedback”