Long gone...

Locator: IO93IA
M3WSE

Long gone...

Post by M3WSE » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:20 am

I remember when I was doing the foundation exam the tutor said there used to be a video repeater in nottingham but it's keeper died or something and noone took over. The only reference I can find to GB3NV is on the local BBS (GB7NOT) there is a page about it dated 2005. Also, on the ukrepeater site it says NV used to be a repeater, so I would say it's long gone... (as a side not I believe the BBS to be somewhat unmaintained considering the age of the info pages on there... but that's another matter...)

xbandtv

Re: Long gone...

Post by xbandtv » Sat May 10, 2008 9:56 pm

For the benefit of M3WSE, its to be hoped that his Tutor taught him better than the misplaced information he passed on Re - GB3NV .

Its nice to read of one's passing via the BATC Website, I must inform the wife to cash in the Insurance Policies ....

The Repeater was taking off the Air after a telephone conversation with the Repeater section of the RSGB some time ago .....

After an initial query re the license renewal, we where told we could'nt run the Repeater any longer in Beacon mode why repairs and updates to the logic where being carried out. It would either have to be operating in full repeat mode or switched off altogether...

Our reply was how come GB3DH is allowed to continue with its license as being fully Operational when it isn't even on the Air .....the reply was we're not allowed to make comment on that matter ...."HOW CONVENIENT" ...

We pointed out their Double Standards ..... the reply was "NO COMMENT" ....

The conversation ended by informing them the GB3NV would be switched off within the hour and removed from site.

That it was, and here it still sits and can be switched back on at the flick of a switch ........ sadly with the introduction of the likes of SKYPE and other such programs interest locally has reached rock bottom, therefore it seems pointless putting time and effort into the re-instatement of GB3NV .........

In conclusion don't listen to idle gossip, more often than not its way off the mark ...

Hope this updates things for all the rumours doing the rounds, re the demise of NV ....

G0DJA

Re: Long gone...

Post by G0DJA » Sun May 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Thanks for clarifying the situation regarding the demise of GB3NV, if not it's owner. :D

Sorry, you didn't give your name or callsign, so I'll have to refer to you just as 'xbandtv' in the mean time.

I presume that you are in the Nottigham area? If so, are you active on 23cm at all? I ask because I don't live too far away from Nottingham and it would be nice to look out for TV signals from down there. However, I do know that I am partially shaded by a place called Palterton in the direction of Nottingham.

Cheers - Dave (G0DJA) in IO93if64

Return to “GB3NV”