History of GB3LX

Locator: IO93RF
M5SJM

History of GB3LX

Post by M5SJM » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:57 am

Hi All

I have recently taken over as repeater keeper for GB3LX and due to the reasons behind me taking over I am unable to question the previous keeper over the history of the repeater.

So the question is, does anyone have any information such as first on air dates Etc... or anything else that others may find interesting?

Thanks
Stephen M5SJM

g7kpm

Re: History of GB3LX

Post by g7kpm » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:21 pm

Hi Stephen,

I may not be much help here, but there was a chap who was a memebr of the LSWC around 10+ years ago who used to hang around with BOB G7AVU. I have been trying to remember who he was and his name, but my mind is a total blank! I think his callsign was somthing like M1CCD, not sure if his name was Dave. He used to drive a silver Mercedez car (not that this is much help!).
I believe he designed/built the original logic controller for GB3LX.
If you ask Pam, she might remember who he is or have contact details for him from a past members list.
I am sure if you can track him down, he will be able to provide you a lot of interesting history and information or point you in the right direction if not as he was there in the early days and was one of Bob's right hand men up the Catherdral.

Sorry I can't be more specific and I know it's a bit of a long shot.

Regards,

Jason G7KPM

G7RUP

Re: History of GB3LX

Post by G7RUP » Mon May 23, 2022 6:28 pm

Jason that would be Dave Bell M1CCD & Alex Scarbro M1CFL were on the team.

Stephen probably best person to speak to would be Tony G0UOZ or Terry G7JFI..We were all about at the time :)

Regards Jon G7RUP

Return to “GB3LX”