GB3EY move and rebuild

Locator: IO93WT
G3GJA

GB3EY move and rebuild

Post by G3GJA » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:13 pm

A new NoV was issued for GB3EY in August allowing us to move it to the East Yorkshire Repeater Group's site at Cave Wold Radio Station near South Cave in East Yorkshire. The new site is 155m ASL with a good take off in most directions. The predicted coverage was created using Radiomobile and assumes 10m mast with a 15dBi antenna at the receiving end. This will be a substantial improvement over the old site on the North Sea coast at Aldbrough.
GB3EY Coverage.jpg
GB3EY Coverage.jpg (326.15 KiB) Viewed 5737 times
The repeater will return using digital ATV to reduce the bandwidth occupied. The parameters have not been finalised but will most likely be 4MS/s, FEC 3/4, with MPEG-2 encoding on 1308MHz. Test transmissions will be run from a temporary mast until the weather improves in the Spring and then the main tower can be brought down and the DATV antennas installed at 20m AGL.

Progress to date is good; the logic has been renovated and updated by Bill G3RMX, a Comag receiver has been found and the transmitter, comprising of two modules funded by G4YTV and made by Bert PE1RKI is on test. An Alford Slot has been donated by Ken G8VDP and is being worked on and the original filter and a new duplex filter have been tuned up.

A dual band beam for 2m and 70cm will be installed with a Minitioune for inputs on those bands in the future with 333kS/s or similar RBDATV signals.

Clive G3GJA

keng8vdp

Re: GB3EY move and rebuild

Post by keng8vdp » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:03 pm

Thanks for the Info above. Im hoping I can see it and get in from Home in Barnsley. Its going to be marginal so fingers crossed.
Good luck with the Alford Slot too. I hope you can tune it for your desired frequencies. If you learn anything, please Educate me

You might find these 2 test videos interesting on my home made 1/2 sized Alford Slots for Mobile use.
I use 2 on separate Mag Mounts on the roof of my car mobile.
https://youtu.be/vC9v8CoRe0I
https://youtu.be/ZythF5HS_dM

Hope this is useful de. Ken G8VDP

Return to “GB3EY”