BATC ADF4351 7-band local oscillator PIC PCB

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G4IUG

BATC ADF4351 7-band local oscillator PIC PCB

Post by G4IUG » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:21 pm

I have built a few of these but only used the single freqancy version below 800Mhz and they have been great.

Over the weekend I built a 4 channel version and after discovering that if the switches were off or not fitted, it gave a logic 11 (due to the pull ups) and also that the only thing that needed entry was the frequencies in units of hundred of kilohertz (and make sure the reference is the same) I was good to go. Two observations so far :

There was spurious everywhere and after following the AD recommendation to terminate "RF out -" if using single ended mode, not only did everything go but also the output at 3.6Ghz went up from -8dBm to +1dBm

The noise 100khz away at 3.6Ghz was higher that I would gave liked. Putting a low ESR capacitor at the output of the regulator did not cure it. However dropping the supply voltage to just over 4V where the output level had just not started to drop, improved it by about 10dB. Does anyone know of a proper 3.3V low noise regulator that will fit the pads of the ADP150 fitted to this Chinese board ?

Thanks Dave G4IUG ex G8EAO
Ex G6ANG/T and G8EAO

Return to “General ATV Discussion”