In praise of the TinySA

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
radiogareth

In praise of the TinySA

Post by radiogareth » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:56 pm

After seeing one of these in action I decided it was a shack 'must-have' and bought one from eBay (such as https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tiny-Spectru ... 2749.l2649). Its sold as covering 100kHz to 350MHz, 240MHz to 960MHz. \i've used it on 4,2 and 70 having set up 3 pre-sets.
Its turning out to be really handy for 'reality checks' and I have been able to set it up to do what I want without recourse to the manual. It has saveable pre-sets and although I can't vouch for its absolute accuracy, 'a picture paints a 1,000 words' and for a quick look at what you are transmitting, it has proved itself invaluable.
Its similar to a NanoVNA but about 2/3rds of the thickness. Mine came cased, with lipo battery, a small whip, 2 SMA leads and a USB-C charge lead.
Its been on for at least 2 hours today and still going strong.
Gareth

g8gtz

Re: In praise of the TinySA

Post by g8gtz » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:53 am

Could be very useful as a Rx monitor to see what's happening on the channel - would give an indication of rx signal strength, interference or other reasons why it's not locking!

Noel

Return to “General ATV Discussion”