Composite/component Quadviewer

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
KA5BBC

Composite/component Quadviewer

Post by KA5BBC » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:23 pm

Does anyone have any good suggestions or recommendations for a composite/component quadviewer?
I have one of the Orei HD-401MR units but that is HDMI only. Rather than having to buy five standard converters I'd rather buy one unit, even if it is 19-in rack mount professional gear and/or has more inputs.
Andy, KA5BBC/MM0BQV

g8lce

Re: Composite/component Quadviewer

Post by g8lce » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:46 pm

I am using one from an old security camera system that I am working with to show quad split when two or more RX on a repeater. (on different freq.) It's output is on g8lce stream on BATC. This is SD input and output so once streamed does loose some definition. I also have another one which is SDI/composite input on BNCs and HDMI output. This is higher definition and would only need one converter. They are for working on a network but use quicktime and Internet Explorer so difficult but for direct connection and local control they are OK. They also can record the videos.

Should find some on Ebay!
(Mine both do upto 16 inputs if you really want to monitor that many.

Martin G8LCE

Return to “General ATV Discussion”