EOL for my ATV/DATV project

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
KA5BBC

EOL for my ATV/DATV project

Post by KA5BBC » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:57 pm

After more than two years of work and a significant amount of money I am closing down the ATV/DATV project I have been running.
Despite all my efforts at reinvigorating ATV/DATV activity there has been an abundance of apathy combined with a complete lack of active participation and support.
I am no longer willing to take on the time and financial burden of putting up a completed and functional repeater and other infrastructure for people to then come along and use it without having contributed in anyway.
The final push to terminate the project came when I heard that certain local hams are questioning my integrity and reputation ON-AIR and starting/spreading rumours that, amongst other things, I have been taking money for the project and pocketing it..
I will continue to be a member of BATC and will hopefully be able to be involved via IP links to repeaters and in the future I may even more to another city with an active ATV/DATV community.
Andy, KA5BBC/MM0BQV

G8ADM

Re: EOL for my ATV/DATV project

Post by G8ADM » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:19 pm

Oh, sorry to hear that Andy, 73

Return to “General ATV Discussion”