esp32cam to obs

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
aerostar

Re: esp32cam to obs

Post by aerostar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:46 am

Try cleaning the camera contacts with IPA, the black bar on the white connector (hinged at each end) lifts upwards (stiff) from camera side - if you look carefully there appears to be a cut out you could use for a plastic tool (or long finger nails !), but be very careful and not damage the camera cable or board.

Bob

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:23 am

Thanks Bob, another almost instant success - 3-D printer IPA on the ribbon and PCB and it works :-)
Now to persuade my tablet PC to take it as a stream :-)
Very handy little modules. It seems that the LED is controlled by GPIO4. A bit of reading produced this:

"If you’re not using the microSD card, you can use these pins as regular inputs/outputs. You can take a look at the ESP32 pinout guide to see the features of these pins.
All these GPIOs are RTC and support ADC: GPIOs 2, 4, 12, 13, 14, and 15."

So it seems that adding a few lines of code to 'toggle' GPIO4 or even to use an ADC and set a threshold either in SW or via a potentiometer/LDR could be quite possible.

I've written basic for picaxe and loosely understand Arduino so something for a rainy day perhaps.

A very grateful Gareth :-)

aerostar

Post by aerostar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:21 am

You should not have prob with Tablet, my Android phone works fine using Chrome and Firefox. Just give it the full address of stream and it comes up.

Return to “General ATV Discussion”