Assistance on Audio/Video streaming - Linux

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
AdrianH

Assistance on Audio/Video streaming - Linux

Post by AdrianH » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:40 am

Hello to the group, I am far away from actually being on air so I like to play in the home with things to understand concepts before i go and spend to much money.

I have been using linux for years now rather than Windows at home, I do have a Win10 laptop but that is used for receiving the downlinks from QO-100 so sits there with the Mini-Tiouner software running.

So I am stuck now with a few linux PC's not very powerful by todays standars, but do for me.

I have been struggling with linux to stream video and audio over a IP connection to another PC, I have had some success with ffmpeg and video alone is fine, add sound to it and I loose it with sound being presented before my mouth opens on the video. I was trying into the small hours this morning and most of Saturday.

So wondering if there are any guru's out there that can point me into the correct direction. I will try gstreamer next to see if I can fathom that.
My end goal if I can is as follows:
I have a linux desktop that runs gnu-radio driving a Hackrf-one to generate a DVB-S2 it presently just loops a saved .ts file and I can decode that with Mini-Tiouner all OK.

I am trying to stream video and audio to the computer, the idea being to understand bit rates and as I said, play. Should I be using some form of media server, Ice Cast or similar? A few of my small linux machines are headless so command line only.

Adrian

AdrianH

Re: Assistance on Audio/Video streaming - Linux

Post by AdrianH » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:00 pm

Had a bit of time away from this went to Doncaster Rally, a bit like the type of rallies I remember with boxes of junk all over the place.
Anyway I found a setup that gets the audio and video togther in vlc at least

ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -r 15 -s 640x480 -i /dev/video0 -vcodec mpeg2video -thread_queue_size 6000 -f alsa -ac 1 -i hw:1,0 -acodec mp2 -ac 1 -mpegts_transport_stream_id 1025 -mpegts_service_id 1 -mpegts_pmt_start_pid 0x0fff -mpegts_start_pid 0x0121 -f mpegts -y udp://192.168.1.64:6001/?pkt_size=1316

The next step is to try and get this into gnu-radio and see if the result can be seen on the receiver?

Adrian

Return to “General ATV Discussion”