Anyone able to put up a signal for me?

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G0DJA

Anyone able to put up a signal for me?

Post by G0DJA » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:51 pm

OK, I've been lent a receiver, based upon a Wood & Douglas 1250DC50 unit, and I would like to try to receive some pictures using it. Unfortunately, I'm not yet completely sure of its frequency coverage yet and I could do with finding someone in the Derbyshire area who is within range and able to put up a picture so I can tune in, find out the frequency range of the unit and make sure that the video/Channel 40 outputs are working.

I know the unit was working and its owner says he used to hear several local ATV repeaters, but I'm not sure which ones are still on, or even if they still use the same output frequencies that they used to do...

Can anyone help please?

Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)

barryg4vwt

Re: Anyone able to put up a signal for me?

Post by barryg4vwt » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:39 pm

Hi Dave,just give me a call on friday 18 April on 144.750, cant get on till 10.15pm though,im only in barlborough, I can put out about 90 watts so you should see me, nice to see your getting interested in ATV, we have spoken before,I usually monitor 144.750 most nights after 10.00pm

Regards..Barry

G0DJA

Post by G0DJA » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, 90W from Barlborough will definitely be overkill. HI

Since posting that message I've managed to get pictures from M0MDY in Sheffield as well as from VL in Lincoln, but always glad to get pictures from anyone at the moment...

As well as the W&D unit on loan, I've ordered a 23cm TX/RX set of boards and controller, together with the 18 Watt PA as well, so I'm hoping to be in a position to TX ATV soon. Someone on the GB3KM Ustream put me onto a link to an eBay deal for a video camera for £10 (inc. P&P) which has now given me a better picture than my tatty old Webcam (the difference, even though similar in size, seems great between the webcam and the video camera) plus the video cam has a mic input as well, which is a bonus over the fact that the webcam is USB and this video cam has 'proper' video and sound outputs... HI.

Looking at the output through a normal AV input on a SCART socket I can see the difference between USB cam and the new camera. Although it may not be full "BBC" quality, I can see a great deal more detail on the video cam over the web cam.

G0DJA

Post by G0DJA » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:42 pm

Oh, and on reading the original message, I can say that the video output from the W&D RX is definitely better than the Channel 40 output, although the CH40 output did at least prove I could hear/see something...

Now all I need is the COMTEK TX board :-)

Return to “General ATV Discussion”