Newcomer to ATV

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
M0RFU

Re: Newcomer to ATV

Post by M0RFU » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 pm

They look like a good bit of kit, I think I will get one of the kits.

That combined with a SDR based transmitter with the appropriate filtering etc would be a very versatile station.

I have a log periodic PCB antenna on the way so I'll try and pick up the local TV Repeater with that, then when I have confidence with that I'll look at the dishes a bit more seriously.

It's all fun

g8ayc

Post by g8ayc » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:08 pm

There's two options for the hardware to run with the Minitioune. You can either buy parts from the BATC store and make it up yourself or do what I did and get the Minitiouner-express which is fully assembled and ready to go. You can order the Minitiouner-express from the USA at https://www.datv-express.com but gets shipped from the UK. I got mine the day after ordering.

G8KWR

Post by G8KWR » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi Jon/M0RFU, I just wondered whether you have got any further with accessing GB3UD and, if so, what you used in the end.

I am just slowly getting back into amateur radio after 30+ years off-air, using the time of being at home due to Corona. In the distant past I was active on RTTY/Packet Radio, but looking around the bands on an SDR I have bought, things seemed to have move on significantly since then, with all kinds of data modes, Internet linked repeaters, etc.

I have just realised that I can see the mast at Mow Cop out of my study window, which is just under 7 kms from me, so trying to decide the best (and not too expensive) way of (initially) receiving GB3UD, and once I have cracked that, then transmitting to it. Could probably stick a 23cms yagi on my TV aerial pole.

Thanks for any update you might have

Roger - G8KWR

Return to “General ATV Discussion”