5.6 ghz map

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g6urm

5.6 ghz map

Post by g6urm » Sun May 27, 2018 9:21 pm

hi : just been having a look round the new site - very good :D :D - noted the "portsdown users map " - ( I won't be building one - SM (arrgh ) is no good for partialy sighted people like myself and the ready made stuff too expensive to invest in when little activity in area - I also don't drive now so unless it can be done from home or at best fit on a mobility scooter and trailer …………………….. not exactly "disabled friendly " this digital stuff lol )

HOWEVER I am working towards the 5.6 ghz fpv stuff system ( bits I CAN see and handle with the arthritic fingers ) - so how about a map for those constructing /using this equipment please ?? - this would at least give some idea of possible activity ................... tho round here i'm not holding my breath tbh - but its interesting to play with /build ( and before you ask YES I could fit 5.6 ghz on the trailer :lol: :lol: )

i miss the days of the gunnmod 2 and 10 ghz waveguide stuff ....................... ho hum
NO idea is too crazy so long as one fool believes they can make it work

M0SKM

Re: 5.6 ghz map

Post by M0SKM » Sun May 27, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi
There is a map here.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... 000494&z=6

Good luck with your trailer mounted kit; wish others were just as determined.

Steve
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

g6urm

Post by g6urm » Mon May 28, 2018 4:00 am

thanks for that - have added my marker ………………….
NO idea is too crazy so long as one fool believes they can make it work

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Tue May 29, 2018 7:20 am

And now embedded on the new website under Activity.

73 - Noel

G3UEQ

Post by G3UEQ » Tue May 29, 2018 4:25 pm

I have just sold my Gunmod 2
Andy G3UEQ

G8JAN

Post by G8JAN » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:40 am

g6urm wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:21 pm
hi : just been having a look round the new site - very good :D :D - noted the "portsdown users map " - ( I won't be building one - SM (arrgh ) is no good for partialy sighted people like myself and the ready made stuff too expensive to invest in when little activity in area - I also don't drive now so unless it can be done from home or at best fit on a mobility scooter and trailer …………………….. not exactly "disabled friendly " this digital stuff lol )

HOWEVER I am working towards the 5.6 ghz fpv stuff system ( bits I CAN see and handle with the arthritic fingers ) - so how about a map for those constructing /using this equipment please ?? - this would at least give some idea of possible activity ................... tho round here i'm not holding my breath tbh - but its interesting to play with /build ( and before you ask YES I could fit 5.6 ghz on the trailer :lol: :lol: )

i miss the days of the gunnmod 2 and 10 ghz waveguide stuff ....................... ho hum
Hi
Re the days of the gunmod and 10 Ghz.Brilliantly cheap ATV and I like cheap Hi Hi. My interest has been well re awakened with 5.6 Ghz just like the old days it's cheap using drone equipment and very very good! A few weeks ago our Norfolk group made great contact from North Norfolk to Bridlington via a duct. The signal strength was unbelievable and at one stage pictures were received on a "rubber duck" antenna at 158 K!
Funnily enough G4 NJJ and myself worked the same path 20 years ago with Gunmods and dishes on 10 Ghz. So I think 5Ghz is the new "fun" band, there is still experimentation to be done with antennas and maybe power amps etc but at least you can start with a beautifully stable picture and on frequency! There is no reason why you can't go portable with a TX and Rx unit operated from a small battery pack and using something simple like a Bi Quad antenna. Received pictures can be seen on a mobile phone,Ipod, Ipad or a laptop with readily available free software.
Good luck.

Pete G8JAN (Norfolk)

Return to “General ATV Discussion”