camera video to DVD

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
Dave

camera video to DVD

Post by Dave » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:08 pm

As a licenced radio ham since the very early 80's I have never dabbled in ATV But I have been tasked with transfering some very old video camera tapes to DVD. Long story, but he heard that I am transfering video tape to DVD. He then asked me to do his tapes.

The camera is a Sony CCD-D8AF-E and there is a missing interface that is an RFU-85/85AS. The tapes are video 8 and the local camera shop has told me that to convert 4 tapes to DVD will cost about £100-00. The owner of the tapes is very, very reluctant to let them travel. One of them is from 1985 and contains lots of scenes of his grand daughters.

Though I have the pin outs from the camera; without the missing interface, I am not too sure if I can wire up the camera to a scart connector and plug it into a DVD recorder. I have gathered sockets that fit the camera interface, but I am unsure about the voltages from the camera being compatable with a domestic DVD re recorder's scart socket.

Can anyone advise please?

Dave

Aittch

Re: camera video to DVD

Post by Aittch » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Dave,

I believe I have an RFU-85 from a Sony 8 camera I used to have.

are you still in need of it?

Aittch

Return to “General ATV Discussion”