Laptop display used to make a monitor

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G7JTT

Re: Laptop display used to make a monitor

Post by G7JTT » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:02 am

Hi Arthur you need to go into the menu and type 1147 this will bring up a hidden menu. Go to general settings and change LVDS map till the colours are correct.

All best John
G4CPE wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:21 pm
I received my controller board today. It powers up OK and gives a picture on all inputs put the colours are wrong (red grass etc.) I think it is the same problem that John encountered with his display at first. I have sent a message to the supplier in the hope he can send the required fix.
The controller has all the inputs required including analogue TV. the laptop screen that I have used is a 17inch LTN170X2-LO2 which the supplier claims will work with this board. I hope to report success soon.
73 Arthur
G4CPE

G7JTT

Post by G7JTT » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:06 am

Hi Rob you should get noise on the composite input at least I do ?

All best John
M0DTS wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 am
I ordered one for a laptop screen using the same chip.
It came with all UI in Chinese, took some time to navigate menu's to set it to English!!!

Anyway it does have the option to disable blue screen, but then i just get a black screen on a noisy composite video input :-(

The tuner input does however show noise though so i can probably utilise that input instead, is this expected or should i have noise on the composite input? if so i may also have to look at different firmware.

Liking the idea of the alu frame, may have to copy that ;-)

Rob

G4CPE

Post by G4CPE » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:37 am

Many thanks John
LVDS 0 fixed it colours are now correct. I did not know there was this other menu, no information was supplied with the board.
BATC Forum proving its value once again.
73 Arthur
G4CPE

M0DTS

Post by M0DTS » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:59 pm

Colours were fine on mine but no noise on composite input here.

Are there any more hidden menu's?? !!

Rob

G7JTT

Post by G7JTT » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 am

Not that I'm aware of Rob

M0DTS wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:59 pm
Colours were fine on mine but no noise on composite input here.

Are there any more hidden menu's?? !!

Rob

G4FRE

Post by G4FRE » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:44 pm

While looking for info about a laptop display i had been given to build the monitor, I came across a web site that has an expansive list of data on displays. it is at http://www.panelook.com/index.php

enjoy
Dave
g4fre

M0YDH

Post by M0YDH » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:10 am

This calm, simple video helped me get over the first hurdle - the Chinese menu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbksw51Welk

NB my vendor wrote "Please press the "menu" key in the remote control to set.
It will show“语言” which means "language", then you can choose “英语” for "English"."

Now I have an awful PC picture on VGA. There's a thermonuclear explosion in red on a green background when it should be a Linux Mint desktop!
Menu 1147 hasn't worked yet. I wonder if there's a YouTube film for that too?

Fingers are crossed.

I bought an enclosure for the converter card and speakers on Ebay. It's title was Notebook Screen LCD TV Shell For V29 V56 Controller Driver Board.
I think I'll be able to fasten it on the back of the Dell screen case with self-adhesive velcro strips or hot glue. That's after I get a picture!
The inverter board is wider than the Dell original so I'll have to house that some how on the screen case rear too.

David M0YDH
Last edited by M0YDH on Sun May 13, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

G7JTT

Post by G7JTT » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:47 am

Hi David you should be able to change the settings to get the correct colours by following the instructions below.

G7JTT wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:02 am
Hi Arthur you need to go into the menu and type 1147 this will bring up a hidden menu. Go to general settings and change LVDS map till the colours are correct.

All best John
G4CPE wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:21 pm
I received my controller board today. It powers up OK and gives a picture on all inputs put the colours are wrong (red grass etc.) I think it is the same problem that John encountered with his display at first. I have sent a message to the supplier in the hope he can send the required fix.
The controller has all the inputs required including analogue TV. the laptop screen that I have used is a 17inch LTN170X2-LO2 which the supplier claims will work with this board. I hope to report success soon.
73 Arthur
G4CPE

M0YDH

Post by M0YDH » Sun May 13, 2018 9:55 am

Hello John
I'm battling on with the panel. Today's episode snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Menu 1147 - numbers lightly pressed and remote pointing at the sensor at point blank range - opened the service menu for the first time. I'd been pressing them like mechanical typewriter keys before.
Item 7 was chosen
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (71.08 KiB) Viewed 4110 times
then item 0 where the ID was labelled as 0 with the dire colours
s-l1601.jpg
s-l1601.jpg (60.37 KiB) Viewed 4110 times
I pressed this per the vendor's instructions and the ID changed to 3 with a sharp desktop image behind. Unfortunately in trying to press OK I lost control of the software somehow. The second try nearly worked but the menus were back in Chinese. Now it's an unresponsive image in flickering black and white. I guess I've bricked the software and have to reply to the vendor for more help. It's quite a trial :roll:
Cheers
David M0YDH

G7JTT

Post by G7JTT » Sun May 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi David sorry to hear your having issues, firstly from the menu button you need to go to the end option and click on top option to change to English. Then type 1147 to get to the hidden menu. Go down to general setting, then go to LVDS map and try the options until the colours are correct. Failing that if your near the Southampton area I'll gladly have a look for you.
All best John

Return to “General ATV Discussion”