146 MHz pre-amp

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8gtz

146 MHz pre-amp

Post by g8gtz » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:25 pm

The pre-amp I use for 146 MHz is the DG8 design by GM3SEK. This design was featured in Radcom plus and has got good bandpass filtering and good noise figure and gain. See here for more details: http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/vhfdx/dg8-preamp-v7.pdf

Until the beginning of the year a kit and also PCB etc were sold by Dave G4HUP who unfortunately passed away. Sam G4DDK has just posted this on the UKmicrowave group and maybe your last chance to get a unit:
It has now been decided that selling the business is far too complicated. Consequently, existing stock will be sold off at a discount to the original selling prices. A few items have already been sold. All monies from the sales go to Dave's widow.
I have been tasked with the job of arranging the sale of the remining items but will not be taking any financial remuneration for doing this.

I have access to a number of PAT boards, DG8 kits, switched bias tees and distribution amplifiers. I guess VHFer aren't going to be interested in RF current meters amongst other things.

Whilst there are still a number ready-to-sell kits in the 'warehouse' the majority of the 'kits' are still just a collection of parts. These can probably be made up into short kits, so you will need to find out which end of a soldering iron gets hot in order to make up the kits!

At this stage no arrangements have been made to take Paypal or overseas bank cheques and Dave had given up on overseas bank transfers for good reason.

For now I will sell to customers in the UK and accept cash (if I see you at an event) or cheques made out to Dave's widow. However, I am happy to send kits overseas, but you will need to arrange for a friend in the UK to purchase the item as above. I'm sorry about this complication but until something better can be arranged it is as it is.
Please contact Sam directly at jewell@btinternet.com

Return to “General ATV Discussion”