Help with Fujinon / Panasonic Pan and Tilt manual, and protocol

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
markaren1

Help with Fujinon / Panasonic Pan and Tilt manual, and protocol

Post by markaren1 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:51 am

Hello All,

I have just acquired some CPT-1A-10DA pan and tilt units, but am having difficulty locating requisite manuals, or documentation associated with the control protocol.

Firstly, these are not CCTV surveillance units, they are used in a broadcast environment; they also have a Hirose 12 pin connector to control zoom and focus of an associated Fujinon lens (aperture is controlled by a direct link from the camera using an opposite-sex Hirose 12 pin connector).

See http://www.ebay.com/itm/401300416228

Briefly, the unit has 12V and RS232 supplied via a round 7 pin connector. 4 pins are used for power, and 3 for data. One of the data pins connects to chassis. Having dismantled the unit some more, the two data lines terminate at a MAX232, and one of these lines connects to pin 13 (R1IN). I hope it is safe to surmise that these two data lines are RS232, without hardware handshaking. Presumably commands intended for the lens are filtered and redirected to the Hirose 12 pin.

Having removed the cover, and hand-cranked the pan motor around ten degrees, the unit returns to it’s ‘home’ position when power is applied. This may imply that the unit is working.

Some short time after applying power to the unit, it appears to send out a very repeatable six byte binary string at 4800 baud : 0x02 0xB8 0x01 0x00 0x04 0x03. This has been received with no parity, and one stop bit. Given that there is a mix of odd and even bits in the message (0x04, 0x03), and the MS bit does not change in these cases, presumably then, the data does not use parity.

This message syntax looks suspiciously like the HE100 protocol given <STX> at the message start and <ETX> at the end.

See http://www.vaddio.com/library?path=d&fi ... otocol.pdf

If anyone can help me with real documentation before I spend too many more hours attempting to create test messages (so far without any success), and have to get the vacuum cleaner out (again) to clean the rapidly descending clumps of hair , I will be most grateful.

Finally, just to confuse the issue further I have been told that the unit uses AMX. Again, AMX style messages have been created without any luck, the possible added excitement here is that an address byte and checksum are also required (what address would be used with RS232, tried 0, 1, & 2).

See http://www.eaglepantilt.com/wp-content/ ... v-2010.pdf

As I indicated, decent documentation could save some considerable more pain.

Many thanks from sunny New Zealand.

Mark Atherton, ZL3JVX

markaren1

Re: Help with Fujinon / Panasonic Pan and Tilt manual, and protocol

Post by markaren1 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:42 am

Hi All,

Just to tidy up loose ends here.

After much exploration, and some help from Mr. Page, did eventually manage to get the P&T unit working using the RS232 interface.

Email me if anyone is interested in further details.

Project may end up as a CQTV article.

Regards, Mark

Return to “General ATV Discussion”