Good Morning

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
M0YAA

Good Morning

Post by M0YAA » Mon May 08, 2017 10:32 am

Hi, my name is Dave, Callsign is M0YAA. My father (G7HJR) was a BATC member for many years in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire. I am just getting into ATV in Grimsby.
I had to mothball my radio shack when I moved and it's been out of action for a few years. Haven't ventured into TV before today. I'll be reading the getting started posts.

Regards

G3GJA

Re: Good Morning

Post by G3GJA » Mon May 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Welcome to ATV, Dave.

I'm located in Anlaby Common, just to the west of Hull so you're quite close. If you need any help or advice with getting started on ATV please do feel free to give me a shout.

I'm trying to raise interest in ATV in the area. Back in the 1990s it was very popular but activity has declined, particularly since the radar south of you changed frequency in the 23cm band making the ATV repeater that is supposed to serve Hull and Grimsby unusable.

I'm on 146.5MHz and 437MHz digital ATV. I have 23cm DATV and FM ATV but the antenna is down for a pre-amp to be installed.

Clive G3GJA / G8EQZ

Wolfie G8VAT

Post by Wolfie G8VAT » Mon May 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Welcome Dave

Another inmate.. :D

Hope you enjoy this TV stuff as much as the rest of us, you are in a great location for a GB3GG too, so you already have something to aim for.. and receive capability is by far the easiest part.
:
Dah-di-dah
:
Graham G8VAT

M0YAA

Post by M0YAA » Mon May 08, 2017 9:12 pm

G3GJA wrote:Welcome to ATV, Dave.

I'm located in Anlaby Common, just to the west of Hull so you're quite close. If you need any help or advice with getting started on ATV please do feel free to give me a shout.

I'm trying to raise interest in ATV in the area. Back in the 1990s it was very popular but activity has declined, particularly since the radar south of you changed frequency in the 23cm band making the ATV repeater that is supposed to serve Hull and Grimsby unusable.

I'm on 146.5MHz and 437MHz digital ATV. I have 23cm DATV and FM ATV but the antenna is down for a pre-amp to be installed.

Clive G3GJA / G8EQZ
Thank Clive,

I volunteer up on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway so I pass not far from you after crossing the Humber Bridge. I've seen the stream from GB3GG.

I'm in the process of putting the 7800 back in to the car and converting my 2m and 4m business radios to ham use.
Wolfie G8VAT wrote:Welcome Dave

Another inmate.. :D

Hope you enjoy this TV stuff as much as the rest of us, you are in a great location for a GB3GG too, so you already have something to aim for.. and receive capability is by far the easiest part.
Yeah, my dad got me interested years ago but he went off the air in the late 90s and never really returned apart from a hand held to talk to me after I passed my tests. He went SK in 2012 so I inherited his bits as the only other licence holder in the family.

I have a couple of monochrome CCTV monitors I hope to use and a Tatung BSB receiver my dad bought years ago to convert. Hoping to find something to do with that too. It's all good fun.

Dave M0YAA

Return to “General ATV Discussion”