BATC Youtube channel

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8gtz

BATC Youtube channel

Post by g8gtz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:11 am

We are currently moving all the "Film archive" videos on batc.tv over on to the BATC Youtube channel - while doing so, I've discovered some gems which have been hidden or put in the wrong category.

I have also created several playlists to categorise videos together - any comments, let me know and I will move them. I have created a members section, where we can still put members videos - alternatively, if you wish to set up your own Youtube channel, let us know and we will subscribe to it.

Also, thanks to our 100th subscriber we now have a short URL so go and take a look at https://www.youtube.com/c/BATCOnline

I am also working with AMSAT to move all the colloquium recordings over on to the AMSATUK Youtube channel and will be contacting the RSGB and UK microwave group to ask if they wish to move videos from the RSGB and Microwave sections on batc.tv to their Youtube channels.

As previously posted, we have absolutely NO plans to move any other facilities over to other platforms - we will continue to run the live streamer for repeaters, members streams and live events are still in the process of beta testing a new platform which was used for CAT16.

Noel - G8GTZ

g8gtz

Re: BATC Youtube channel

Post by g8gtz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:53 am

As previously posted, we have absolutely NO plans to move any other facilities over to other platforms - we will continue to run the live streamer for repeaters, members streams and live events and we are still in the process of beta testing the new platform which was used for CAT16.
However, as part of this exercise, we are having a bit of a spring clean. So we are going through the list of members channels on BATC.TV (over 300 at last count) and disabling, NOT deleting, any that have not seen any recent activity - if we accidentally disable your channel, send us an email and it will be re-activated.

Any channels which are still disabled at the time of migration to the new server will not be transferred across but will be able to be re-instated if you send us an email.

Regards

Noel

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Noel - I have not used mine in a while but will

g8gtz

Re: BATC Youtube channel CAT70 videos

Post by g8gtz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:16 pm

I have just put 3 videos on to the BATC Youtube channel from the BATC convention held in Cambridge in 1970.

These feature a live transmission from Jeremy Royal G6NOX/T and introduction to his station by Ian Waters G3KKD - it amazing to think that Ian is still an active constructor and had an article published in CQ-TV this year!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... PWLixKKe2C

73 Noel

g8vpg

Post by g8vpg » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:37 am

By co-incidence, I have recently been given some old black & white images of the early days of the Longleat Rally from the estate of the late G2HDR, two of which show a demonstration of ATV. Does anyone remember this or know who was involved?
73 Shaun G8VPG.

G8DKC

Post by G8DKC » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi Shaun,

I attempted some 625 line B&W to Longleat from my shack in a nearby village in the late 60's.

Mike G8CPF was there at many, if not all Rallies back then perhaps he knows.

Peter

G3VZV

Re: BATC Youtube channel CAT70 videos

Post by G3VZV » Mon May 08, 2017 4:46 pm

And amazing that G3VZV and G4CPE were also present and did an OB from a boat on the river during the event...now if anyone has a recording of that part of CAT70...

Graham

Return to “General ATV Discussion”