Bob Platts TVRO 3 Old board Information wanted please

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
keng8vdp

Bob Platts TVRO 3 Old board Information wanted please

Post by keng8vdp » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:26 pm

**** UPDATE ****
Courtesy of Nigel GM4JOJ who kindly scanned and produced a PDF then emailed it to me - this has now been uploaded to BATC wiki LINK below >>

https://wiki.batc.tv/Bob_Platts_G8OZP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I am hoping someone out there might have pinout info or old copy of any information that came with the 1995 Bob Platts G8OZP 23cms TVR03 board ?

These were one of the first types of module / sat can types that came available and they opened up the world of analogue TV reception on 23cms and 10ghz.
I recently found this board in a box in my loft. My memory is not good now but its ringing a bell that I bought it but never used it simply because some other opportunity came along on another receiver.

I would love to get it working and loan it out to some local ham so that it might generate interest in ATV.
The board /PCB is marked " G8OZP TVRO3 issue 1 - Oct 1995 "
If you have any information please let me know

Thanks ..Ken G8VDP

bob Platts TVRO3 picture 2.jpeg
bob Platts TVRO3 picture 2.jpeg (442.06 KiB) Viewed 4771 times
bob Platts TVRO3 picture 1.jpeg
bob Platts TVRO3 picture 1.jpeg (570.94 KiB) Viewed 4771 times
Last edited by keng8vdp on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

GM4JOJ

Re: Bob Platts TVRO 3 Old board Information wanted please

Post by GM4JOJ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Ken,

If you are still looking for info on the TVRO 3 board I have got a copy of the instructions that came with the kit. I can scan them to a pdf file for you if want.

73... Nigel (aka Paul) GM4JOJ.

keng8vdp

Post by keng8vdp » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:11 am

GM4JOJ wrote:Ken,

If you are still looking for info on the TVRO 3 board I have got a copy of the instructions that came with the kit. I can scan them to a pdf file for you if want.

73... Nigel (aka Paul) GM4JOJ.
Nigel,
That would be great. I can use something that is sitting on a shelf gathering dust. It will likely get a local ham goIng on ATV , The more the merrier.
My email is keng8vdp@hotmail.co.uk
I will also make sure its uploaded to the BATC equipment documents archive so others can also use it if needed.

Many thanks Ken

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:12 am

Thanks for putting this on the wiki Ken - it's not the easiest thing to master but is starting to become a useful resource.

https://wiki.batc.tv/Bob_Platts_G8OZP - I also linked it from the front page

Noel

keng8vdp

Post by keng8vdp » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:09 am

g8gtz wrote:Thanks for putting this on the wiki Ken - it's not the easiest thing to master but is starting to become a useful resource.

https://wiki.batc.tv/Bob_Platts_G8OZP - I also linked it from the front page

Noel
You are welcome Noel and I am sure the wiki is already very useful.

Thanks go to Nigel GM4JOJ for taking the trouble to reply to my request, then scan the documents and email them to me.

As many will know. Bob Platts produced a lot of gear that helped ATV'rs get going many of it is still in use today.
There is another similar board to the above but a little simpler if anyone has the information for that board, or any Bob Platts gear
please let me know.

Ken G8VDP

Wolfie G8VAT

Post by Wolfie G8VAT » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:22 am

I scanned the build details and diagram of the Bob Platts GasFET Preamp last night Ken, it's not too complicated but if anyone has a fault.. like mine a coupla weeks ago it was invaluable to help repair it.

I've not uploaded them yet.

I also had a rummage through see what else I had, now't much just a 6MHz Sound demodulator PCB (and the Solent build instructions).
:
Dah-di-dah
:
Graham G8VAT

Return to “General ATV Discussion”