Vmix Hidden Colour Bars

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G8DKC

Vmix Hidden Colour Bars

Post by G8DKC » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:29 am

Life can be too short, but I'm intrigued that Vmix retains it's default colour bars when Txing,
with Datv_Express windows software, and Vmix not running, same Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder.

Have had a look around in various dark corners for a hidden test card image etc, and a clue as to how it's done.
It's a good idea that it's there, but great to change to a personal test card.

Peter
Attachments
Vmix Colourbars.jpg
Vmix Colourbars.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 4147 times

G8DKC

Re: Vmix Hidden Colour Bars

Post by G8DKC » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:17 pm

I had just been playing with Process Explorer and found vMixVideo.ax had been called when "Datv Express DVB-S Transmitter" selected Vmix
even when Vmix not running.

But thanks to Dave G0EID, an Email arrived at about that moment with helpful suggestions :-)

Probably not be able to take this any further, but at least I know what's happening, so worthwhile asking.

vMixVideo.ax being the culprit.

Attached image he sent to me.

Peter
Attachments
vMinColourBarsGraph.jpg
vMinColourBarsGraph.jpg (269.75 KiB) Viewed 4116 times

KenW6HHC

Post by KenW6HHC » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:20 pm

One of the features of vMix is that you can select the "video input" from a IMAGE file. I used a JPEG test pattern that I had created.
For an example, see the third figure in the DATV-Express Project Update report for August....in the DATV section of this Forum.
Another video input selection produces a "slide show" by choosing PHOTOS. I think these two ADD INPUTS will allow you to do what want to do.

Have fun...de Ken W6HHC

G8DKC

Re: vMix Hidden Colour Bars

Post by G8DKC » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi Ken,

Have just checked out your Jpeg, I think I'm going to be using vMix most of the time I'm on air, it's addictive :-)

My last few posts were that if you select vMix in the capture video box of Datv Express Transmitter.exe

without vMix actually running you get a test card, just tick video indent for a quick transmission.

Me being nosey needed to know how that worked, and vMixVideo.ax was the answer.

Datv_Express usage must have gone off the scale, thanks to you, the team, and Charles's Datv Express Transmitter software.

Peter

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Dare I say it but vMix supports animated GIFs now......

- Charles

Return to “General ATV Discussion”