Lock Light for TT-1600

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G8DKC

Lock Light for TT-1600

Post by G8DKC » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:07 am

Although we now have the Usb Tuner Project, there must be others using a TT-1600 in an on-site Pc,
or would find a lock light would be useful to control a relay?

So I asked Jean Pierre (on vivadatv.org forum) about the possibility of a suitable lock light output.

There could be different solutions:
1) there is the AGC1 output signal that go from Demodulator STV0903 to zero tuner STV6110. We could find the printed circuit track that goes from demod to zero tuner and solder a wire on it?
( I have searched it this morning, I think I have found it just by observing the pcb. I must verify in real time use of the S2-1600)
but I think that this AGC signal is not very useful because you are not sure that you are locked ( bad SR value, bad fec ...)

2) there are 12 GPIO output on the demod, most of them are free. By software, I could put one to High level on a GPIO output when the TS led on Tutioune is Green. The only difficulty is to find one with the possibility to solder a link to it. I have to search if it is easy to do.

3) If you don't use the 13v or 18v for LNB power supply, I can change how it is used in Tutioune and switch between 0v and 13v when the TS led on Tutioune is Green.

4) If you don't use the 22kHz signal, I can change how it is used in Tutioune and switch between "send 22kHz or not" when the TS led on Tutioune is Green.

The easiest solution IMHO is to use a BATC Minitiouner, where there are already GPIO output pins we have already thought for this use.
The last version of MiniTioune, that will be available very soon, is similar to Tutioune1600.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP""

Hope this is of interest.

Peter

M0DTS

Re: Lock Light for TT-1600

Post by M0DTS » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:03 am

How about toggling rts dts on a serial port from Tutioune software?

Rob

G8DKC

Re: Lock Light for TT-1600

Post by G8DKC » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:08 am

Hi Rob,

Good idea,
It would have to be Com2 if I could find it on Motherboard, as Com1 very busy doing all sorts of things.

I like...

4) If you don't use the 22kHz signal, I can change how it is used in Tutioune and switch between "send 22kHz or not",

when the TS led on Tutioune is Green.

But I can see a newer PC with dual extended monitors, because I use extended monitor for test cards.

Better, a small low power consumption Pc (in stock) to run test cards at no cost, and Tutioune on the faster one.

Don't want to lose our test card system as its basis of repeater control, perhaps SD cards in the future.

Cause and effect :-)

Peter

G8DKC

Re: Lock Light for TT-1600 Extended Monitors

Post by G8DKC » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:44 am

Have spent a little time looking at using Extended Monitors in the gaming world,

so I think that will solve some of the issues, with Tutioune, without software dedicated to start in extended.

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questio ... nd-monitor

Peter

Return to “General ATV Discussion”