World ATV QSO Party - Saturday 22 August

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
pcossins

World ATV QSO Party - Saturday 22 August

Post by pcossins » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:17 pm

The world ATV QSO Party will be looking for contacts in Britain and the Continent.

The event is based in Melbourne Australia with the local anchor being Peter VK3BFG. Time differences mean the opportunity for British or Continental stations to participate will be during the morning and early afternoon of Saturday August 22. This will coincide with an evening sked local time in eastern Australia.
Peter has access to GB3HV, but is looking for other amateurs elsewhere to participate. The best option is for stations to transmit through their local repeaters with one 'anchor' station making a Skype connection to Peter VK3BFG. This is how the QSO Party works earlier in the day (Melbourne time) with Art W8RMC in Columbus Ohio and Don KE6BXT in Mission Vieaja California. Signals are distributed to Repeaters WR8ATV, W6ATN, VK2RFM, VK2RTV,VK3RTV, VK4RMG and VK5RDC.

Stations wishing to participate can Skype to name 'datvqsoparty ' . Peter will then distribute the incoming signal, act as liason and then send signal back from other repeaters. Skype is mainly used as the conduit between repeaters or individual stations and repeaters.

Additional US stations would be welcome.
If you are able to participate, please send an email to Peter VK3BFG at pcossins@bigpond.com. 73 Peter VK3BFG Convenor

Edited by G8GKQ to correct date.

oe6rke

Re: World ATV QSO Party - Saturday 22 August

Post by oe6rke » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:48 pm

will there be a record of the Event available?
i ask because the used YouTube link passed araound today expired somehow and i'd like to Show this Event to collegues to participate next time.

br Robert, 73 de oe6rke

G8ADM

Re: World ATV QSO Party - Saturday 22 August

Post by G8ADM » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:59 pm

I am not sure if it's been recorded, have a look at the VK streaming repeater sites on www.batc.tv
I took part and my pictures were seen in Australia, the USA and of course the UK.
About 40 Australians took part, about 10 from the USA and a similar number from the UK.
I look forward to next year. 73 Dave.

Return to “General ATV Discussion”