70 cms DATV from IO82?

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
Basil

70 cms DATV from IO82?

Post by Basil » Sat May 23, 2015 10:01 am

Does G3UD have a 70 cms input / output? If not, what are the chances of me receiving (initially) ATV on 70 cms from my IO82qv location please? Thanks

G0NMY

Re: 70 cms DATV from IO82?

Post by G0NMY » Sun May 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi Basil
no GB3UD does not have 70cms capabilities, It transmits on 1318.5MHz Digital DVB-S and can receive Both Analogue and Digital on its input Frequency of 1249MHz

The chances of you receiving 70cms DATV are only restricted by the system you are using eg quality of coax good pre-amp and a decent sized beam and your location. AND how many people are active running 70cms DATV.
If you want to get into ATV I would recommend you go for 24cms system as there are a couple of repeaters you may be able to receive, GB3UD and GB3GV. And the advantage that there will always be a signal to tune to and look for, I am not sure how many hams are QRV on 70cms Digital.
Of course anything is possible with the right propagation But it is easier when you have a known signal to look for 24/7
Looking on a Map you are a fair distance from GB3UD But it is located on a very good site so could be possible But as already said you need a really good low loss antenna system and dont forget ALL ATV is Horizontally polarised NOT vertical like normal repeaters.
See if you can find some locals who are set up for ATV they could then advise you further.
I hope this helps a little. Cheers Mark
:D

http://www.g0nmy.blogspot.co.uk/

¡ʎɐqƎ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq I ǝɯᴉʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sᴉ sᴉɥʇ

Basil

Re: 70 cms DATV from IO82?

Post by Basil » Thu May 28, 2015 6:52 am

It does indeed help, and has answered most of my thoughts most adequately, thanks a lot for the detailed reply!

Return to “General ATV Discussion”